finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up.

/ finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up. #1  

herm0016

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720h
ok. i finally caved and orderd ssqa forks and some ssqa adaptors for my tractor. my understanding is i need to weld on the pin brackets and a tube between the 2 pieces. a few questions though:

is there a standard width between the ssqa bottom pins? my bucket and stuff is 4 ft wide.

what thickness steel to use on the pin brackets? i am going to have to make them. the bucket has 3/8 with some bosses/tube welded around the 1 in pins.

1.5 sq tube or similar for the cross bar?

i am really trying not to spend too much, so i got the cheapo stuff from ebay. good reviews though. and i wanted the lightest stuff possible to retain more lifting capacity.

all on an old allis 5020.

/ finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up. #2  
You have to have your skid adapter hookups on the loader itself no wider than the plate on your bucket and forks, I would measure this out on a table and 'hard tack' it before final welding up. The other critical part is adapting it to fit the pins on your loader, again 'hard tack this.'

Once everything is hard tacked put it all on the equipment and make sure everything jives, moves, lifts, unhooks and hooks up like it should. Once verified weld it hot and solid.

/ finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up. #3  
Curious, how much were the materials and can you provide the web links? I’d like to have a set for occasional use to move totes.

/ finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up. #6  
You can buy blank plates off ebay for cheap. What I did was cut the bucket mounts off my bucket, then welded the QA brackets to them at the proper width. Then I welded the new plate to the bucket. Worst case (If your loader is wider) you may need some steel to offset the QA plates.
These for the loader Weld-On Skid Steer Quick Attach Bucket Conversion Adapter Latch Plates Universal | eBay
And this for the bucket 1/4" Quick Tach Attachment Mount Plate Heavy Duty Steel Front Loader Plate | eBay

Maybe you will find this helpful?
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...converting-my-pin-loader-skid.html?highlight=

Last edited:
   / finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up.
Yep. Thats the stuff i ordered. And the cheap forks. Looks like I just need a bit of tube for between the plates.

/ finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up. #8  
Somewhere, someone had suggested when removing the brackets from your bucket to cut out the back of the bucket to maintain the spacing for the brackets. Cut out 2 rectangles from the bucket and then use the bucket wall as the plate to connect to the latch boxes. You could then weld in plates on the bucket or let the latch plate be the back. Your choice.

/ finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up.
Somewhere, someone had suggested when removing the brackets from your bucket to cut out the back of the bucket to maintain the spacing for the brackets. Cut out 2 rectangles from the bucket and then use the bucket wall as the plate to connect to the latch boxes. You could then weld in plates on the bucket or let the latch plate be the back. Your choice.

my bucket seems to have an extra layer of plate behind the brackets that is welded to the bucket, going to try to remove the welds around that plate first. i am not sure if the brackets are welded through it though.

/ finally getting forks and SSQA!!!! just need to get it welded up. #10  
my bucket seems to have an extra layer of plate behind the brackets that is welded to the bucket, going to try to remove the welds around that plate first. i am not sure if the brackets are welded through it though.