Finally got the manuals!

/ Finally got the manuals! #1  

McREBEL

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920
I finally got the owner's manuals for my B2920 and FEL. I learned a few tricks from the FEL manual. I had no idea about the float on the loader. That will be useful. I didn't realize I had two speeds on the dump either. All good stuff to know. I have gone back and forth on the tire loading. The FEL manual heavily encouraged loading the tires and suggested calcium chloride. I think I will eventually load them but use RV antifreeze. I have had the tractor almost two months with very little seat time (only 7 hours). That may soon change. I am off the whole week of Christmas so hope to get some firewood cut for next year. Maybe get a pic to add to the "tractor with wood" thread.

/ Finally got the manuals! #2  
I know what you mean about learning new tricks. It only took me a couple years to find out about float on the loader - I first saw a pic of it on one of the decals on the tractor. As far as loading the rear tires - you need something back there if you use the loader. I run Rimguard in my rear tires and I always have some sort of implement hanging on the 3-point hitch. I have 24 years experience with CaCl in my previous tractor. I would definitely not recommend calcium chloride - it ate valve cores, like a kid eats candy, on mine. I was always fighting "drippy" rear tires. My new tractor came with Rimguard loaded in the rears and its not been even a moments problem.

RV antifreeze would have been my second choice for the rear tires. Anything other than salt water.

/ Finally got the manuals! #3  
How do you use the two speeds on the dump?

/ Finally got the manuals!
How do you use the two speeds on the dump?

I just found out I have it so I haven't use it yet. I imagine it might be useful spreading compost, mulch, or gravel more evenly. Not sure. It could turn out to be a feature I never use.

Have you found it useful?

/ Finally got the manuals! #5  
I guess you could call it a two speed. The "first" speed is when you move the lever to the right until you hit the first detent. By pushing beyond the detent you speed up the dump. Hope that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Finally got the manuals!
I guess you could call it a two speed. The "first" speed is when you move the lever to the right until you hit the first detent. By pushing beyond the detent you speed up the dump. Hope that makes sense

Mine works the opposite I believe. A little to the right = fast dump. All the way to the right = slow You can call it two stage or two speed or something else if you like. The manual uses both "stage" and "speed" in describing this feature.

TheIglu, were you asking how to activate each speed or what I found it useful for?

/ Finally got the manuals! #7  
How to activate. I've done it by mistake before but didn't know what it did. I'll have to pay attention now.