/ First 20 hours with new to me B7800.. #1  

Sniggle

Silver Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota B7800 (new to me @ 435 hours
Just a few thoughts:

- Goto love that 14.7 inch clearance
- Nice smooth running engine that provides plenty of power
- I like the FEL reinforceing bar that runs across the back of the hood. It marginally interfers with fueling, but it more than makes up for it as a grab bar when mounting.
- If the rock will fit into the bucket, you can lift it.
- the tractor has 8 fewer grease points then my Kubota G1900 lawn tractor.
- Removing the mid mount mower is pretty simple, although I wish I could run over it instead of jimmy it out. (don't know about reinstalling as I have not done it yet)
- I wish the FEL had a little more breakout force.

Overall, please so far....just hope she gives me another 1500 trouble free hours like this.

/ First 20 hours with new to me B7800.. #2  
You forgot to post us a few pictures !:)

/ First 20 hours with new to me B7800.. #3  
Sniggle said:
Just a few thoughts:

- Goto love that 14.7 inch clearance
- Nice smooth running engine that provides plenty of power
- I like the FEL reinforceing bar that runs across the back of the hood. It marginally interfers with fueling, but it more than makes up for it as a grab bar when mounting.
- If the rock will fit into the bucket, you can lift it.
- the tractor has 8 fewer grease points then my Kubota G1900 lawn tractor.
- Removing the mid mount mower is pretty simple, although I wish I could run over it instead of jimmy it out. (don't know about reinstalling as I have not done it yet)
- I wish the FEL had a little more breakout force.

Overall, please so far....just hope she gives me another 1500 trouble free hours like this.
  1. Use the FEL to raise the tractor a bit then push the MMM under it and install.
  2. Order the new seat, new one is much better than the original. New seat does not tilt you forward and is more comfortable.
  3. Breakout force, use your tractor in "low" with higher throttle and you should see an improvement, if you are not all ready doing this.
Best Wishes!

Last edited:
   / First 20 hours with new to me B7800.. #4  
Sniggle,

My mmm has four castor wheels that you can rotate, adjust, etc. and when you drop it, it will wheel sideways out from under it, but I still have to wrestle some with it...and it takes 15 minutes or so to adjust the wheels to the side and pin them, etc. just really a pain more than anything. Someone in an earlier thread that I read talked about making a simple platform with separate castors, drop the mmm on it and wheel it out without changing the mmm castors from their forward facing position where you want them when mowing. I have similar platforms for my table saws, drill presses, etc., so I was embarrassed not to have thought of it before. Dyer, retired

/ First 20 hours with new to me B7800.. #5  
Sniggle said:
- I like the FEL reinforceing bar that runs across the back of the hood. It marginally interfers with fueling, but it more than makes up for it as a grab bar when mounting..

That bar makes a great place to hang a toolbox from. On mine the bar is also the support to hold up the loader when its off the tractor.

Attachments

• toolbox1.jpg
    toolbox1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 223