First Bath in 3 years......

/ First Bath in 3 years...... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
The Lovely Mrs_Junkman has been nagging me to take the old car out of the garage. Now, anyone here that has ever seen even a picture of my garage, knows that this isn't an easy task. I started moving things around this morning and by 2 in the afternoon, the car was ready to be moved. Got the tractor and hooked up a nylon strap and dragged it out of the corner of the garage. I had put it in the corner using the wheel dollies, so it did come out of its resting place quite easily once everything around it was gone. This first picture is sitting in the driveway getting ready for its first bath in 3+ years.

Attachments

• 699742-MVC-696F.JPG
    699742-MVC-696F.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 397
   / First Bath in 3 years......
Here is what it looks like after an application of soap and water...

Attachments

• 699743-MVC-697F.JPG
    699743-MVC-697F.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 362
   / First Bath in 3 years......
The wheels were the most difficult part of the cleaning job...

Attachments

• 699745-MVC-698F.JPG
    699745-MVC-698F.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 304
   / First Bath in 3 years...... #5  
Junkman,
That is a fine looking automobile. Cleans up pretty good.
Cliff

/ First Bath in 3 years...... #6  
Now that she's clean, you can put her back to bed for another 3 years and she should sleep just fine! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beautiful Car Junkman. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ First Bath in 3 years...... #7  
Hey !!! I thought Ralph Nader or someone like that got all those "man killin" Covairs off the road long ago !
I know the feeling of pride you must have owning such a fine car . Grandpa has a completely restored 1931 Ford pickup hidden away on my car lift in the garage . My brother wants it so bad he can taste it . I about died laughing when grandpa told him "Show me the Money "
allen

/ First Bath in 3 years...... #8  
Cool, My uncle restores old Corvairs and has had several over the last 25 years or maybe longer. I'm only 25 and I know he was messing with em before that but I don't know how long before that. Anyway those are some cool little cars to play around with.

He had a 64 Spyder Turbo that was he set up to autocross race with, then he sold it. he has had several convertibles, coupes, and he even had a Corvair truck not toolong ago.

He has had several cars of his in the photos of the Corvair Club of America, I think he was even president of it for a while. And him and his wife go to the Corvair club meets every year, wherever they are.

Good looking car ya got there.

/ First Bath in 3 years...... #9  
Al my father just passed away June 7.
He had a 90 cadillac allante in his garage just sitting there for years. My family thought the same thing, only I got my $$ out faster than the others. Now its in my garage being restored.
In 1990 they only produced 48 allantes in charcoal grey
Got the hard top with it too ! Guess what I have been up to lately ?
Ernie

/ First Bath in 3 years...... #10  
Junk, I've got a 73 Pontiac Grandville convertible with 26.000 actual miles on it, same here, gets cleaned everytime it gets taken out of the shed.