First day of the rest of my life

/ First day of the rest of my life #1  

cat fever

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620PS
Here is a picture of my control board at the refinery. In 3 more hours I will be RETIRED!!! The units I am responsible for include; The Tank Farm meaning all shipments of crude oil coming in or finished product shipments out and all the tanks at the refinery. The Sulfur recovery unit and Tail Gas unit. The Cogen power/boiler trains, we produce about 28 MW of power and can make 500,000 pounds of 600 lb steam although we run at 300 lb steam. The water treating/RO units for the refinery. I am the finished gasoline blender. (I make the gasoline) As you can imagine, it can get hectic in a hurry if everything is not running good. While I'll miss it a tiny bit. :laughing: I look forward to a normal life of sleeping at night and getting up when I wake up not to an alarm clock at 3:30am. I wish the best for everyone working and your day will come.
20180222_102351.jpg

/ First day of the rest of my life #2  
All those screens and not one with TBN on it:confused: Good luck with your retirement :thumbsup:

/ First day of the rest of my life
The PC right behind my head has TBN on it.:)

There are 6 more screens to the left of the picture. They wouldn't fit in the camera frame.:confused3:

/ First day of the rest of my life #4  
Congratulations!

Now, that's what I call multitasking. How many people are going to be needed to replace you?:)

Steve

/ First day of the rest of my life #5  
Congratulations on your retirement! :thumbsup:

/ First day of the rest of my life #6  
Congrats there Cat Fever, hope you have a long and happy retirement. And thank you for making our gas for us, we appreciate it.

/ First day of the rest of my life #8  
I like it. One day in twenty or so years I will have to post a similar pic.IMG_5896.JPG53698132484__C8A16DEF-FEF7-44B8-8A56-224CFF581029.JPGIMG_5969.JPG

Congratulations on getting to retire!

/ First day of the rest of my life #9  
Congrats on your retirement Cat Fever. I got out three years ago this coming April. Now instead of getting up to a 4AM alarm I sleep in till 5AM. Haven't been able to break the cycle yet. Enjoy the rest of your life.

/ First day of the rest of my life
Congratulations!

Now, that's what I call multitasking. How many people are going to be needed to replace you?:)

Steve

Steve,
I have told management for years this is a 2 man job. I have been doing it for 16 years and much of the stuff has been added over that time. I can handle it because of time and experience but the new guys seem very overwhelmed. I feel bad for them. It is so much to take in during the 8 week training time.
Pressure turns coal to diamonds and the new guys are feeling the pressure now.

On a side note; I may be coming to Greenville next month. (work related) There are some upgrades to our Cogen system that management would like my eyes on. I volunteered since it would be like a paid vacation for my wife and I.