First electric tractor ride

/ First electric tractor ride #201  
   / First electric tractor ride #203  
I am going to check this out find out the time
that it actually takes to burn 5 gallons of diesel.
Wonder when we will have to switch to JP8???

willy

/ First electric tractor ride #204  
JP-8 might be the economical choice. I believe the min. purchase is by the drum. here is current pricing at $3.63 gal.
1661897049910.jpeg

/ First electric tractor ride #206  

Last edited:
   / First electric tractor ride #207  
Jet fuel works fine, in a diesel, when you add lubricity to it.
I have known coworkers who put jet fuel in their trucks from fuel that had to be drained from our jets.
Road taxes are a whole other subject. Penalties for using off road fuel in on road vehicles is a $10,000 fine. My coworkers never "bought" the fuel, so they were in the clear, but I'm guessing here.
hugs, Brandi

/ First electric tractor ride #208  
Jet fuel works fine, in a diesel, when you add lubricity to it.
I have known coworkers who put jet fuel in their trucks from fuel that had to be drained from our jets.
Road taxes are a whole other subject. Penalties for using off road fuel in on road vehicles is a $10,000 fine. My coworkers never "bought" the fuel, so they were in the clear, but I'm guessing here.
hugs, Brandi

Is jet fuel dyed red? I wouldn’t imagine people burning it in road vehicles is enough of a problem to go through that effort.

/ First electric tractor ride #209  
Is jet fuel dyed red? I wouldn’t imagine people burning it in road vehicles is enough of a problem to go through that effort.
Jet fuel is a clear to amber color.
hugs, Brandi

/ First electric tractor ride #210  
When I worked at the airport, we'd burn jet fuel in our boiler to heat the hanger floor because we bought it at the same price as home heating oil. However, we never ran it in any of our diesel equipment. We had a diesel tank for those. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea. That's just the way it was. 🙃

Jet fuel was not dyed. Avgas was dyed. In some smaller private jets and turbo props we had to add Prist in the winter time, which was a fuel system icing inhibitor, and a micro biocidal fungicide. It was an aerosol can spray. You had to clip a little plastic nozzle onto the fuel nozzle and run a small flexible hose to the can nozzle. Then you had to inject the Prist into the fuel stream as you filled the tank over the wing. I do not recall the ratio, as it was 40ish years ago.

Prist is kind of a generic name, like Kleenex.

We didn't have to add it to jets that had the large fuel connections. I don't know why. I'd guess they had systems that would take care of fuel icing or perhaps a tank of something somewhere, but I never recall seeing that in the 6-7 years I was refueling aircraft.