First oil change - standing up!

/ First oil change - standing up! #1  

Rustyiron

Tractor
M 9540 Kubota
I finally put in a lift 👍
Just changed my oil on my feet making me wonder why it took so long. Previously I argued (with myself) that I'm not really a wrench turner like back when I was as a kid struggling to keep whatever piece of chit I had running. Mostly just maintenance and my fluid film ritual. The other side of my argument was that I'd be walking AROUND the lift more than working under it and didn't want to give up the shop space. Well I fell into a used 9k Rotary for $1000, add $650 for the lift business to install it and "check it over"
I'm pretty happy that;
1. I have good pictures of my radiant tubing in the slab before pouring.
2 we didn't hit the tubes
3 not getting up and down on a creeper😆

Attachments

• 20210308_124037.jpg
    20210308_124037.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
   / First oil change - standing up! #2  
I finally put in a lift 👍
Just changed my oil on my feet making me wonder why it took so long. Previously I argued (with myself) that I'm not really a wrench turner like back when I was as a kid struggling to keep whatever piece of chit I had running. Mostly just maintenance and my fluid film ritual. The other side of my argument was that I'd be walking AROUND the lift more than working under it and didn't want to give up the shop space. Well I fell into a used 9k Rotary for $1000, add $650 for the lift business to install it and "check it over"
I'm pretty happy that;
1. I have good pictures of my radiant tubing in the slab before pouring.
2 we didn't hit the tubes
3 not getting up and down on a creeper😆
I lost my lift in a fire 24 years ago!
Moved, and never did replace it.
Insurance paid full value.
I have missed it for 24 years, but now definitely am too old to even think about it.

/ First oil change - standing up! #3  
I admit I’m a little jealous. When I built my shop I should have built taller. You don’t have much in that setup, a cheap one is 2k and I bet yours is better.

/ First oil change - standing up! #4  
I couldn't do without my lift. I bought a heavy duty Bishmon lift years ago for $1200 and it's one of the most used things I own.

/ First oil change - standing up! #5  
BTW, if you don't have one, you should get you a stabilizer pole. Once you get the vehicle up it adjusts and ratchets under the back to stabilize the back end.

/ First oil change - standing up!
BTW, if you don't have one, you should get you a stabilizer pole. Once you get the vehicle up it adjusts and ratchets under the back to stabilize the back end.
Funny, I bought one a good 15+ years ago at a sale, too cheap to pass up, even without a lift. 😆