First Service - 50hrs (USA costs)

/ First Service - 50hrs (USA costs) #1  

BX23S-1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23S
What are you fella`s in USA paying for your first 50hr service on your BX23S, and what are your dealers including in the service... total cost out the door.

/ First Service - 50hrs (USA costs) #2  
My dealer sells me the filters and oil for around $40 and Gary, the parts guy say "Bye". Have never really considered tyaking them my Kubotas, paying them to do it and then pick the Kubotas back up later myself. I can have it all done quicker and easier than I can load and take one way to Barlows.
I'll try and find the do it yourself thread and bump it forward for you.

/ First Service - 50hrs (USA costs)
My dealer sells me the filters and oil for around $40 and Gary, the parts guy say "Bye". Have never really considered tyaking them my Kubotas, paying them to do it and then pick the Kubotas back up later myself. I can have it all done quicker and easier than I can load and take one way to Barlows.
I'll try and find the do it yourself thread and bump it forward for you.

Is Kabota pretty picky about people doing their own service work, and voiding your warranty if you should happen to need the warranty later...?
Reason i ask is, 6yrs is a very long time to wait to do my own work, not to mention the cost of the dealers doing it the first 6yrs so i dont void my warranty.

I mean geez, i can adjust the valves later on, i dont need the dealer to do that. I`ve worked in dealerships for over 30+yrs turning wrench`s for a living, i`m pretty sure i can manage whatever this tractor will ever need.

/ First Service - 50hrs (USA costs) #4  
As long as you use Kubota filters and the correct fluids and document the service performed warranty issues should be a non issue. I performed the 50 hour service on my New Holland Workmaster and used New Holland filters and oil. I kept the receipts and documented the service performed in my owner manual. To be honest with you the vast majority of these tractors ever have a warranty claim. I'm at 105 trouble free hours now on an Indian made New Holland. The quality of a Kubota is just as good and in all probably better than my Workmaster.

/ First Service - 50hrs (USA costs) #5  
Is Kabota pretty picky about people doing their own service work, and voiding your warranty if you should happen to need the warranty later...?
Reason i ask is, 6yrs is a very long time to wait to do my own work, not to mention the cost of the dealers doing it the first 6yrs so i dont void my warranty.

I mean geez, i can adjust the valves later on, i dont need the dealer to do that. I`ve worked in dealerships for over 30+yrs turning wrench`s for a living, i`m pretty sure i can manage whatever this tractor will ever need.

I believe most people do their own 50 hour service or should. I don't think there would be any issues and doubt there will ever be any engine warranty claims.:2cents:

/ First Service - 50hrs (USA costs) #6  
My dealer offered me all the parts and fluids for FREE is I do the work myself for the 1st service. Union Farm Equipment, Maine.

/ First Service - 50hrs (USA costs) #7  
My dealer offered me all the parts and fluids for FREE is I do the work myself for the 1st service. Union Farm Equipment, Maine.

That is a sweet deal. Gotta love the Mayn-ahs.