Chains First time tractor owner- chain advice

/ First time tractor owner- chain advice #1  

slice1357

Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
I have 2006 New Holland TC45DA. I want some rear chains but I am having difficulty finding any that will fit. There is about 1-1.25 inch clearance between the inside tire and the plastic wheel well fender. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find lower profile chains or have any other advice on what to do? Tire size is 17.5L x 24. They are R4 tires.

/ First time tractor owner- chain advice #3  
You might need wheel spacers (2inch).......:2cents:

/ First time tractor owner- chain advice #4  
You should have offset rims that can be switched from one side to the other giving you a wider wheel track and more clearance between the tire and fender.

/ First time tractor owner- chain advice #5  
You should have offset rims that can be switched from one side to the other giving you a wider wheel track and more clearance between the tire and fender.

Nailed it...

With the wider track it will also improve your stability when operating.

/ First time tractor owner- chain advice #6  
I got 1.25 inch spacers for my TC26DA and was able to put massive chains on the rear wheels. They were probably bigger than I needed, but the thing was a beast with those chains. I traded the tractor in this year, and I'm hoping my Workmaster 40 has enough clearance for chains. It appears to, but I haven't really done a thorough inspection of all the possible problems..

/ First time tractor owner- chain advice #7  
What I did. Widened the stance.
7504D9C0-8039-42D9-8D05-F056327C62D4.jpeg

Attachments

• 4D41B2A7-736D-4073-AB2B-A88911C5DF2B.jpeg
    4D41B2A7-736D-4073-AB2B-A88911C5DF2B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62