First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #1  

bmg88201

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300
A friend gave me a brand new battery blower and trimmer. I was skeptical but tried both out. The blower was actually pretty useful for around the circle driveway and blowing out my shop and the patios and had more power than I expected. The trimmer was about as useless as nipples on a bull. Maybe if my yard was the size of a tennis court and all I had to do was trim around one or two trees and the mailbox, other than it, it’s crap. I’ll stick with my Echo trimmer for the yard and fence line. The stuff was Greenworks brand and 80V. There might be better brands of battery equipment out there but it’s hard for me to see any battery trimmer that could cut the mustard at my place.

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #2  
Harbor freight Atlas brand of 80 volt flex power here. Blower, trimmer and chainsaw are 80 volt, pole saw and hedge trimmer are 40 volt and use same batteries. Super tools, trimmer is as good or better than gas. Blower will blow snow off our deck in winter and dust and spider webs off screens from inside. Chainsaw is 18 inch and as good as my gas saw.

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment
Like I said, the blower was pretty good and had good power. The trimmer would take forever to cut heavy thick tall grass, the battery lasted about 30 minutes. And it was slow going, had to over stuff two and three times where as my Echo 2620 cut through it like butter. Oh well, it was a gift and was a nice gesture from a friend.
As far as a battery chainsaw goes, never owned one. I just cut down two oaks and a catalpa tree with my Husqvarna and cut it up to throw on a burn pile. No way a battery chainsaw could have done that, no way.

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #4  
A friend gave me a brand new battery blower and trimmer. I was skeptical but tried both out. The blower was actually pretty useful for around the circle driveway and blowing out my shop and the patios and had more power than I expected. The trimmer was about as useless as nipples on a bull. Maybe if my yard was the size of a tennis court and all I had to do was trim around one or two trees and the mailbox, other than it, it’s crap. I’ll stick with my Echo trimmer for the yard and fence line. The stuff was Greenworks brand and 80V. There might be better brands of battery equipment out there but it’s hard for me to see any battery trimmer that could cut the mustard at my place.
Have had battery powered small tools since 2013. Not allowed to use ignition motors near my heart where the ICD is. Best so far is the 40v Ryobi stuff except for their chain saw.

Trimmer is especially good.

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #5  
Try Echo;have their chainsaw and trimmer;they replaced my Stihl gas stuff.I am done before they are.

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #6  
My only experience is with a Makita cordless weed eater, and it's been awesome. It uses two 18volt 5A batteries, and I've never run out of power while doing my yard. It is just as powerful as the Echo that I had before it. I loved the Echo, but hated dealing with fueling it up every time I used it. I also really like how quiet the cordless weed eater is!!!

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #7  
I just got EGO brand 56 volt trimmer, edger, and blower and 2 5.0 aH batteries. Pretty impressed so far. Comparable power to gas engined ones..

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #8  
Neighbor gave me his Honda mower… was not running right. Cleaned carb and good.

He bought a new battery mower got his manicured patch of lawn…

Have to say I like it because can’t even hear it running at any distance and I got a free Honda from the deal!

I believe EGO mower.

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment
I decided to give the battery trimmer I was given another chance and tried to clear a ditch for a friend. The ditch had tall thick grass and briars and tall weeds. Ha, this trimmer had no chance of doing the job. Got out my Echo gas trimmer and knocked it out. I recharged the battery and tried again to trim my place which is 3 acres with lots of trees, bushes and has 5 structures on it. Once again, it could not do the job. I think the battery trimmer would be good for trimming around the mailbox though, lol.

/ First time using battery trimmer/blower equipment #10  
I use EGO also. They are very good. I have 3 trimmers, 2 blowers, 1 chainsaw, and one lawnmower. All Ego batteries fit any of their tools. Have been using them for 4 years. No failed batteries yet.