First Tractor - Is the TC30 A Good Deal

/ First Tractor - Is the TC30 A Good Deal #1  

Troys66

Tractor
None
We are looking for a small tractor to help with tree brush removal, driveway maintenance & driveway snow removal. Found a 2005 NH TC30 with FEL, 635 hours in really great shape. They are asking $13,500. Seams a little on the high side but the tractor has low miles, all service records, 1 owner and is is great shape. Is this a good tractor and a good price for what I will be using it?

/ First Tractor - Is the TC30 A Good Deal #2  
The TC 30 was a good tractor; I had one for a few years and sold it with the farm. The asking price seems high to me.

/ First Tractor - Is the TC30 A Good Deal #3  
Depends on which loader it has on it! The curved boom is the better choice as the old or initial design they used had a chassis issue.

/ First Tractor - Is the TC30 A Good Deal #4  
We are looking for a small tractor to help with tree brush removal, driveway maintenance & driveway snow removal. Found a 2005 NH TC30 with FEL, 635 hours in really great shape. They are asking $13,500. Seams a little on the high side but the tractor has low miles, all service records, 1 owner and is is great shape. Is this a good tractor and a good price for what I will be using it?

Price depends on your local area/availability.
I would guess that $13,500 is not terribly bad (try an offer of $12,000) for a very low time 2005, one owner TC-30 in Arizona.
Several years ago I paid $9500 (plus $1200 shipping) for a 1989 Ford 1920 FEL (an older and slightly larger than TC-30 Ford cousin) with 1056 hours.
Since then it has been gone through, including new paint, tires, clutch, water pump, seat, valve guide seals, 3 pt. parts, loader bucket rework, etc.
I have $16,500 in it now. WAY MORE than I thought I would!
All that said, I have a great little 4 cyl. 32 HP FEL diesel tractor!
It looks like new, runs like new, and most people think it is new!
No DPF, no "Regen", no electronic anything!
Almost as simple to fix as my old 8N, and.... WAY BETTER!
There is no tractor dealer within 100 miles of me, and I don't care!
Messick's will help me troubleshoot, and ship me anything I might ever need.
I love Messick's !!

/ First Tractor - Is the TC30 A Good Deal #5  
For comparison, I have an 06 TC 26DA with loader. 800 hours. One dealer said it's worth $9000 in a trade, another $7900, but the price he quoted on a new and bigger tractor was very enticing. Still didn't pull the trigger, and probably won't for a while. Is your TC30 the one with the old Ford style hood, etc.? When I bought mine, the TC30 was that, a lower priced model than the boomers, and about that same price as my 26. At the time, I was thinking of eventually a backhoe, and that TC30 was not made for a backhoe, so I went with the little boomer. If I were to sell my tractor, I'd be asking $10K, and that would probably be firm to sell it.

/ First Tractor - Is the TC30 A Good Deal #6  
Who knows what the AZ local market is like, I have a 2003 TC-30 (9 x 3) with an 7308 loader. I paid $14600 for it brand new in North Carolina, I live in Michigan. Nobody in Michigan would sell me that same tractor for less than $17K.