Flat Face couplers

/ Flat Face couplers #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
Anyone know of a source for dust caps for Flat Face hydraulic couplers? No one seems to offer the dust caps because most people don't use them (or so I was told by a hydraulics supplier). However, they are still recommend by Parker and others.

I've been collecting these couplers off ebay and am just about ready to put them on the tractor. I'll take some pics of this mod (other other changes) when I get a chance.

/ Flat Face couplers #2  
Dear Marty,

What type of flat connector are we talking about? ISO A/B...

You might try McMaster.com, which has a variety of dust caps, or grainger.com, which sells hoses with caps, so it might be worth a call.

All the best,

Peter

/ Flat Face couplers
I tried both of those before I posted the question...no luck. There's a company about 15 miles from me that can order them. I guess I'll just swing by next time I down that way.

/ Flat Face couplers
Yep, that's it. Thanks for the link!

/ Flat Face couplers #6  
Bump.

Just curious;
  • How many folks here have converted to flat face couplers?
  • Pros/Cons?
  • What tips you do you have?
  • What size(s) did you use? (PTO, case drain, QA?)
  • Favorite brand/source?

I just priced a pair of Stucchi FA NV connects from Bailey, and for twice that price I could just put flat face couplers on everything that I own.

All the best,

Peter

/ Flat Face couplers #7  
When I was building up the forklift/add a grapple attachment, my decision process on the hydraulic fittings was to get stuff from a place that was local so if I had any problems I could have hoses made/repaired same day if needed. Went with fittings they had in stock (regular style) and got a couple extra dust covers while I was there.
I didn't know about the flat face style at the time so I didn't even ask about them.
Is the flat face alot more expensive than the regular?

/ Flat Face couplers #9  
I switched to flat face a long time ago. I find them to be easier to connect, easier to clean, and they do not leak oil when connecting like some Ag style do. Most of not all skid steer attachments you buy will have flat face connectors.

/ Flat Face couplers #10  
I switched to flat face a long time ago. I find them to be easier to connect, easier to clean, and they do not leak oil when connecting like some Ag style do. Most of not all skid steer attachments you buy will have flat face connectors.
Thanks!

Did you use 1/2", 5/8", or 3/4" body flat face? (0.94/1.06/1.18" diameter on the male coupler, or something different altogether?) What is "the standard"?

Easier to clean certainly would be nice.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited: