Flat spots, who knew??

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
Been cold here, but no snow needed removal, so our tractor has sat in the barn, keeping fresh in the cold. I needed to haul a wood splitter and move a heavy cast iron bathtub, so I took it out, first time in maybe 3 months? I was surprised to discover the rears had flat spotted, perhaps because of the cold ( single digits) and time spent just sitting. Got better with some travel. Never had that happen before. Turfs, by the way. Pressure was only 1.5 lbs below ideal.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #2  
Been cold here, but no snow needed removal, so our tractor has sat in the barn, keeping fresh in the cold. I needed to haul a wood splitter and move a heavy cast iron bathtub, so I took it out, first time in maybe 3 months? I was surprised to discover the rears had flat spotted, perhaps because of the cold ( single digits) and time spent just sitting. Got better with some travel. Never had that happen before. Turfs, by the way. Pressure was only 1.5 lbs below ideal.

Did it go away. The tires were just stiff and once they got to flexing they should have warmed up.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #3  
I have a Kubota M6800 with ag tires that will flat spot any weather if allowed to sit for a couple of weeks or so.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #4  
I have a Kubota M6800 with ag tires that will flat spot any weather if allowed to sit for a couple of weeks or so.

What kind of tires? Kubotas are not that heavy in general.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #5  

I have 3 old Fords, and leave them in my barn all winter, while I am away and warm.
Two of them have R-1's, and they have not been a problem.
The other is a 3400 series TLB, with turf tires.
I put it up on blocks each winter, as I am quite certain the turf tires would acquire serious flat spots. The 10' hoe alone, weighs 2200 lbs., with the whole package weighing about 7200+lbs.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #6  
varmint,

It may be that the water in the tires froze. That happens to me every year and it makes driving it rough with severe flat spots.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #7  
The tires on my MF flat spot slightly overnight, even in warm weather.

Last edited:
   / Flat spots, who knew?? #8  
Mine will also have flat spots and little FEL action all is good.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #9  
R1s on mine. -20 no problem at all. It pounds you the same all the time no matter the temp. I don’t mind it a bit but it sure does rattle you around at speed on blacktop.

/ Flat spots, who knew?? #10  
No idea brand of tires, one that Kubota put on it. I have water in tires but anti freeze to keep from freezing. Ag tires. 2 wheel drive tractor. Once tractor runs on road at speed it levels out.