Florida Condo Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Florida Condo Collapse #1  

goeduck

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
My money is on the bet that the home owners association itself will be at fault. Early reports are that the repair their consultant recommended was in the $15M range and some owners ponied up, but others did not. Likely this story will fade from the news before we know, but I sure would be PO'd if I had paid.

note to self: never be in an HOA.

/ Florida Condo Collapse #3  
long term (unattended) water damage over the years...

IMO the barrier islands should not private land to begin with...IMO no new building permits should be issued on any barrier island in the US...!

/ Florida Condo Collapse #6  
I pity the victims and their families...going to be lots of people at fault...mostly before the fact...hope the insurance companies don't screw the residents...

/ Florida Condo Collapse #7  
That is a terrible tragedy and I sure there will be a lot of blaming going around, but I feel bad for all the families that are waiting and hoping their loved ones can be found alive. Hopefully they learn from this and can make buildings safer in the future.

/ Florida Condo Collapse #8  
With that many missing won't recovery be a long time? What will they do remove the roof and then floor by floor till they get back to the ground to recover bodies?

/ Florida Condo Collapse #9  
Read in the news that a woman who lived in the apartment was on the phone with her husband, and she was telling him the pool had collapsed and the building was shaking, she screamed and then the line went dead. She is one of the 156 missing people.

Some owners filed a $5M class action lawsuit over the collapse. Glad they are getting in line for money before their neighbors bodies have been recovered.

Building high rises on the sand never seemed like a good idea to me.

/ Florida Condo Collapse #10  
Some guys are just plain mean...
G.png

Status
Not open for further replies.