Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #2  
Hmmmm....... and that took place in Florida. I would have guessed California - if asked.

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #3  
And the man on the tractor could have easily "chased down" the fat older gentleman if he had actually wanted to smash him. As slow as the fat man was running, the tractor was going slower.

He just wanted to scare him and it apparently worked. Of course the fat guy should have run towards the tractor and stood at the rear tire, and he would not have to run so much. Even if the tractor turned and pivoted with his turning brakes, it would have only required small movements by the fat guy to keep from contact with the tractor.

Running out in front of the tractor like he was doing in the video is going to result in being run down if the guy on the tractor wants to kill you.

The same when trying to keep from being run down with any motor vehicle, don't run out ahead of it, run to the side of it and stay near the rear tire.

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #4  
Yet another example of the sorry state of today's journalism.;)

The make and model of the tractor?
The transmission type?
Are those turf tires?
Are they loaded?
Etc.

Steve

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #5  
.... "It all started over a land dispute..."

Well, that fits a couple threads here on TBN... anyone know those guys?

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #6  
Green, I would have said nothing runs like a deer. That's crazy.
My neighbor and I chase each other on tractors and mowers all the time like that except way faster and closer.
We're always laughing until one of us gets hurt then it's hysterical.

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #7  
I'm just wondering why the runner did not pull his sidearm and stop the threat.
Florida has a clear stand your ground law.

I guess not everyone carries a sidearm.

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #8  
I'm just wondering why the runner did not pull his sidearm and stop the threat.
Florida has a clear stand your ground law.

I guess not everyone carries a sidearm.
That would have been a mess for two reasons. I'm not a lawyer, but the tractor guy had the FEL up so he not have been able to shoot him (and it could easily ricochet) and suppose he did shoot him. He or his widow could easily sue, subpoena the video demonstrating it clearly wasn't to the life threatening danger level, not as if tractor was in top gear wide open.

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #9  
That would have been a mess for two reasons. I'm not a lawyer, but the tractor guy had the FEL up so he not have been able to shoot him (and it could easily ricochet) and suppose he did shoot him. He or his widow could easily sue, subpoena the video demonstrating it clearly wasn't to the life threatening danger level, not as if tractor was in top gear wide open.
Fuddy,
If 1952 is your birth year, you might remember a TV show called Trouble Shooters, starring Kenan Winn. As I remember it, the construction workers sometimes raised the blades of their bulldozers to deflect bullets. It seemed to work well for them. I sometimes think back on that show and wonder whether it would work anywhere near that well in real life.

/ Florida man runs for his life as neighbor chases him in tractor #10  
Fuddy,
If 1952 is your birth year, you might remember a TV show called Trouble Shooters, starring Kenan Winn. As I remember it, the construction workers sometimes raised the blades of their bulldozers to deflect bullets. It seemed to work well for them. I sometimes think back on that show and wonder whether it would work anywhere near that well in real life.

I have no doubt that the blade of a bulldozer would stop an ordinary 30-06 or pretty much anything a civilian would likely have, Possibly might not stop a .50 BMG with an armor piercing bullet. A bucket on a a CUT would stop most pistol rounds, But I think most rifle rounds would whistle right thru. It would depend on exactly where the hit was as buckets have multiple thickness's. Sounds like a good experiment for the "box of truth" guys.