Oil & Fuel Fluid leak RK55HC

/ Fluid leak RK55HC #1  

gunny0628

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King 55HC
Well it’s been awhile since posting on here, been busy with the holidays and life and some personal issues. Been reading when I can and keeping up without responding too much.

I did a little field dragging yesterday and parked the tractor in the driveway so I could shop vac it out. Later when I came outside to move it down to the barn I noticed a leak underneath. At first I thought it was the air conditioner. But I didn’t run it.

After I moved the tractor to the barn the fluid was still on the driveway. Plenty of time had passed for it to evaporate if it were water. I noticed a similar leak at the barn concrete pad and inspected it.

Nearest I can tell is it is coming from the area where there is a metal shroud covering a driveshaft or steering shaft? It’s a skinny long shroud and when I feel inside the shroud it feels like a rod with some gearing. This shroud is in the middle of the tractor directly across from the mounting step. The leak is toward the front.

I’ll grab a picture when it gets light out. The leak looked like about the size of a pancake.

Thanks Gunny

/ Fluid leak RK55HC
Adjustments.jpg

The best I can tell it is meaning from the shroud covering the driveshaft. At the front.

/ Fluid leak RK55HC #4  
Might very well be the seal for the front axle drive shaft. It can be either at the axle end or at the transmission end and just drips through the shroud all the way to the front.

/ Fluid leak RK55HC
That sounds pretty serious. Is there a cause? I have 66 hours on the tractor.

/ Fluid leak RK55HC #6  
That sounds pretty serious. Is there a cause? I have 66 hours on the tractor.

RK provides an 8 year warranty.
They should promptly agree to fix the problem.

/ Fluid leak RK55HC #7  
I don't really know the cause. Maybe a simple nick on the seal during assembly or something.

For instance, on the SDF (Same Deutz Fahr group), on the CUT tractors, they had an issue with the seal on the input shaft of the transmission that would fail, usually after the warranty expired, and would fill the bell housing with oil and trashing the clutch with it. The owner had to eat all the costs...

Anyways, if it's the 4WD drive shaft seals, looks like it can be done without take the front axle off or splitting the tractor. If it's the main input shaft seal, there it's a bit more complex.

But this is just speculating. It may also be as simple as a hose leaking and dripping all the way through there. You may want to take a very close look to check from where it comes.

/ Fluid leak RK55HC
So I just got home from church and pulled it out and looked and it looks like it’s coming from the big case that the driveshaft is going into. Here’s some pictures. It’s still wet but doesn’t seem to be actively leaking. It’s clear fluid like hydraulic fluid.

IMG_4079.jpgIMG_4088.jpgAdjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpg

/ Fluid leak RK55HC
It’s toward the front of the tractor and I checked and I didn’t see fluid dripping down from anywhere. It’s seems to be coming out from the seam at that case.

/ Fluid leak RK55HC #10  
Clean it off completely then run it again. You want to be sure it isnt leaking down from another spot. However it looks like a warranty repair so I would go ahead and put a call into RK. Now you get to test their service!