Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #161  
Just curious...how many learned about Limburger cheese from watching The Three Stooges...?

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #162  
You know why you have no luck finding it? Because it stinks! :ROFLMAO:

My grandpa used to bring it up with him when he'd visit us in the summer. My mom wouldn't let him keep it in the house.

It stunk, but I still ate it just to be a tough guy like my grandpa. :p
hahaha, yes I remember that too. It was bad. But I loved it, I wonder if I still would. that's why I'd like to find it.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #163  
Larks tongues in aspic.

Well, I don't know if anyone actually ever ate it, but it was a hell of an album. :D

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #164  
Bologna gravy, grew up on the stuff. Haven't had it since I was a kid. Can feed a large family with one pound of bologny and a loaf of bread.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #165  
Bologna gravy, grew up on the stuff. Haven't had it since I was a kid. Can feed a large family with one pound of bologny and a loaf of bread.
Were you in the military? Bologna was different kind of stuff . . .

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #166  
A bowel of hot grits in the morning.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #167  
hahaha, yes I remember that too. It was bad. But I loved it, I wonder if I still would. that's why I'd like to find it.
Do you have Meijer stores up there?

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #168  
Were you in the military? Bologna was different kind of stuff . . .

I was not in the military. We just ate a lot of things that didn't cost much money. We ate a lot of wild game that my dad shot too. squirrel gravy, turtle, Rabbit, pheasant, quail, deer.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #169  
I'd say wild game makes up close to 50% of our meals and we have a herd of beef cattle. Also raise turkey, chicken, duck and rabbits.
Squirrel only a few times a year but the dogs eat a fair share, have to cull them to keep them out of my buildings.