Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #171  
   / Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #172  
Thanks Moss. They don't ship, but now thinking about it. Found it on Amazon, but you have to buy in bulk. Found it on their own website, but $20 to ship for $5 cheese. Not the same stuff I grew up with but..... Will look locally first. If I order it, I'll report back after a taste. haha

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #173  
I found some used for sale on ebay! :ROFLMAO:

(ok, I think they're selling the vintage jar, but used cheese sounded funny)

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #174  
The closest Meijer to Minnesota is Wisconsin, along Lake Michigan side, it appears.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #176  
Thanks Moss. They don't ship, but now thinking about it. Found it on Amazon, but you have to buy in bulk. Found it on their own website, but $20 to ship for $5 cheese. Not the same stuff I grew up with but..... Will look locally first. If I order it, I'll report back after a taste. haha
In my hand, last night, Meijer in South Bend, IN.

I'm going to pick some up closer to Thanksgiving and try it with my family.

I'll bet they run as soon as I open the container. :ROFLMAO:

FB8CFB8D-E815-46F2-9C8F-98D07EE104DE.jpeg

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #178  
Fried elbow macaroni. Boil the mac per the directions on the box. Drain it then pan fry it in pork chop or bacon grease. Fried until it turns golden tan. Salt and pepper to taste.

Take your cholesterol meds. But it is damn good.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #179  
Chip beef with gravy and peas over toast.
Is that the same as "sheet" on a shingle? My dad is from Ohio and that, tuna fish casserole and bologna spread stand out as his favorite childhood meals my mom would prepare for him.
My dad was not the kind of man you could get cute with but we would openly mock him watching him devour these foods.

He also loved our Cajun and Creole dishes.. Thank God.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #180  
Sliced bread with butter beans poured over top. still one of my favorites.
How about over cracklin cornbread? I came across this video this morning and actually watched a couple of them. I don't think I've ever had fried corn but based on this video I do have the knife used to strip the corn cob.
I'll try it soon.