For sale gone wrong stories

/ For sale gone wrong stories #1  

Shaneard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 4630, Two IH 140's, John Deere A
I figured it'd be nice to hear others "for sale gone wrong" stories so we all know we aren't alone.

I had a 1986 Ford F250 with a 351 Cleveland in it. I had it for several years, it was a good truck. I decided to sell it and was driving it to a friends house about 10 miles away and the oil pump went out. It would lose oil pressure after about a minute. I had to nurse it back home and and put an oil pump in it. Finally sold it about 3 weeks later :laughing:

My dad was a farmer/mechanic on his days off from the city fire department. He had an older Ford truck for sale, my brother and I (about 8 & 10 at the time) were home when the man showed up to look at it. Dad was at the FD. My brother and I pointed out everything that was wrong with it. I remember telling him "sometimes it won't crank and dad has to wiggle this wire". Low and behold he didn't even test drive it BUT he bought it. Dad said he wouldn't let us sell his stuff again :laughing::laughing:

/ For sale gone wrong stories #2  
I've been on the other end. Flat broke and needing a vehicle really bad. Bought this old beat up Nissan pickup truck with about 180,000 miles on it.

Gave the guy $300 for it. Had just enough money to tag it and put insurance on it.

Went straight from where I bought it, to the insurance agents to get a policy on it. Then to the tag office. Got home and started going through the truck.

Truck had a bunch of change on the floor board, so I decided to collect it so I would have a few bucks for food. Started to clean it out and noticed a crap load of trash under the seat. To make it easy, I decided to pop the bolts loose and pull the seat out.

By the time I was done, I had a 30 gallon trash bags full of trash, and a 5 gallon pail half full of change. I ended up with just over $650 in change :laughing: And about $30 more then what I started with

/ For sale gone wrong stories #3  
You found $650 in change under a vehicle seat? Are you a fisherman by any chance? That’s 2600 quarters, 6500 dimes, 13,000 nickels or 65,000 pennies. Even if it was dollar coins that’s an unbelievable amount.

/ For sale gone wrong stories #4  
You found $650 in change under a vehicle seat? Are you a fisherman by any chance? That’s 2600 quarters, 6500 dimes, 13,000 nickels or 65,000 pennies. Even if it was dollar coins that’s an unbelievable amount.

fish story for sure

/ For sale gone wrong stories #5  

Would you believe $65.00? (with apologies to Maxwell Smart)...

/ For sale gone wrong stories #6  
Would you believe $65.00? (with apologies to Maxwell Smart)...

Probably not but it’s getting closer to the truth of $6.50. And a 30 gallon trash bag of trash supposedly fit under the seat of a compact pickup?

/ For sale gone wrong stories #8  
Nope. The guy was famous for going through drive through everywhere. When they gave him his change back, the cash went into the wallet, and the change went on the floor board. After a while it worked it's way under the seat.

/ For sale gone wrong stories #10  
Took a dual sport across the Mississippi river ferry to trade on a new bike. The old Suzuki was carburated and if you let it sit for a week or two it wouldn't start. I got my mechanic to get it going that morning I think and hauled it over on the ferry as it's the shortest route and this place usually has the best prices. I get there and the mfer won't start. Dealership owner comes out and said he wouldn't be afraid to take it on a trade. The new bike was fuel injected. They beat me up on the trade but I was fed up with that bikes constant issues. While doing paperwork she has a higher more realistic price on the trade. I thought either they goofed or my hearing is worse than i thought (seriously). I didn't say squat. I get a voice message before I get home saying they made a mistake. Then there was the "that lady will get fired if we don't make this right". I say what's in it for me? You guys screwed up not me and as far as a court of law I think I heard the number on our paperwork. Good thing I sent the difference as they had neglected to sign over the title. The salesman who was pleading with me to do the right thing said he would send a voucher for some free accessories......he never did.