Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve

/ Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve #1  

tedward4

Bronze Member
Tractor
'84 Ford 1710, '87 Ford LGT 14D
Here's a quick look at the rear valve I added to my 1710. New Holland parts shows that the remote kit for this model is no longer available so I had to come up with a custom solution. I see a few places sell an adapter plate to tap into the three point lift hydraulics, but it's only an in/out port adapter. I really wanted a mounted valve to eliminate some hoses. The first picture on the left shows the stock port cover and the second shows the new valve setup. The valve setup is made up of two adapters and a Prince SVW sectional valve. I recently purchased a CNC machining center, so I was able to machine the adapters myself.

583.jpg 665.jpg 642.jpg 637.jpg 649.jpg

/ Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve #2  
Nice job on the custom covers and adapters!

/ Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve #3  
That's a pretty clean setup. I could see sething like that being a big seller for some of these older tractors.

/ Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve #4  
Better than factory original! Nice job.

/ Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve
   / Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve #6  
Here's a quick look at the rear valve I added to my 1710. New Holland parts shows that the remote kit for this model is no longer available so I had to come up with a custom solution. I see a few places sell an adapter plate to tap into the three point lift hydraulics, but it's only an in/out port adapter. I really wanted a mounted valve to eliminate some hoses. The first picture on the left shows the stock port cover and the second shows the new valve setup. The valve setup is made up of two adapters and a Prince SVW sectional valve. I recently purchased a CNC machining center, so I was able to machine the adapters myself.

View attachment 439173 View attachment 439176 View attachment 439177 View attachment 439174 View attachment 439175

Very Nice set-up! Similar to factory!
Tedward; do you have a pic of the other side of the plate facing the tractor? Any chance that you can post details about dimensions, ways and hole locations?
Also, there are three ports in the tractor housing… Which ones did you use? I’m assuming that one of them is the pressure port, one is return and one is the power beyond?
Thanks for the great post!

Tedward; do you have a pic of the other side of the plate facing the tractor? Any chance that you can post details about dimensions, ways and hole locations?
Also, there are three ports in the tractor housing Which ones did you use? I知 assuming that one of them is the pressure port, one is return and one is the power beyond?

I'll look for more pictures. I can only speak to what's on my tractor...It has a loader so the relief valve is on the loader connection block down by the brake pedal. I think some 1710s had the relief on the side cover where my machined valve setup goes. This setup wouldn't work for those without modifications. There are three ports on the cover. One is the pressure port from the pump, one is a drain to reservoir (unused in the stock factory configuration), and the third is the input to the 3pt lift valve (inside the cover). The non-relief valve cap mounts to the cover and sends oil from the input to the 3 pt lift valve.

/ Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve #8  
Also, there are three ports in the tractor housing… Which ones did you use? I’m assuming that one of them is the pressure port, one is return and one is the power beyond?

This looks fantastic and I think would be something you could sell. I'm looking for these parts right now and having trouble finding what you have done. I would be willing to buy a copy of this for my 1620 if you think it is the same. Just let me know.

This looks fantastic and I think would be something you could sell. I'm looking for these parts right now and having trouble finding what you have done. I would be willing to buy a copy of this for my 1620 if you think it is the same. Just let me know.

I'm sure it's not the same and wouldn't fit your 1620. It looks like the kit for the 1620 is no longer available, but the valve itself is for ~$900, yikes. I'm willing to take a look at what it would take to make a kit for the 1620 if you're interested.

/ Ford 1710 Rear Remote Valve #10  
I'm sure it's not the same and wouldn't fit your 1620. It looks like the kit for the 1620 is no longer available, but the valve itself is for ~$900, yikes. I'm willing to take a look at what it would take to make a kit for the 1620 if you're interested.

I am interested if you think it is something that could be done for less than ~$500. Anything above this would probably warrant a different option. The setup is very similar on the 1620 and I have seen that it uses a TISCO HV4945 adapter plate that will mount in the same position as your invention. The difference is that it just adds ports that can be used for directing fluid to separate valves. This will work it's just not as nice as what you have created.