Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service

Who gives a shit

Tractor
Ford 1900
I have a ford 1900 started missing i pulled out injectors one tip was black .i took to diesel injector shop had them rebuilt. Put in new fuel filter reinstalled injectors fired up still missing. That same injector is black on tip. I checked compression 150 psi. Not sure what to check next, anyone have any ideas?

thepumpguysc

Veteran Member
Tractor
Injection Pump Rebuilder
The compression has to be 300 minimum to heat the cylinder to combustion..
Check your valve setting..
Misadjusted valves can be a problem..
Here’s hoping for the best..

IndyJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK4510MS w/Loader, Grapple Prev: Massey 1250
The manual calls for servicing the fuel injection every 200 hours by draining and filling 5oz of engine oil. The manual shows a drain and level plug, however mine does not have (never had) actual tapped holes and screws. Is there no need to service? or another way? how to check? Thanks! pic attached.
View attachment 627466
It looks nearly identical to the Zexel pump on my 1994 Massey1250. Those port castings are where you would drain and check level on the pump on mine. There is also a vented cap on top for filling, can't tell if yours has that. They later changed the design on the Massey version to use the engine oil, but the new style is flange mounted from top. Looks like yours was likewise changed to use engine oil but used the same casting?

Zexel1.jpg
Zexel2.jpg