Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #1  

thomsir

Tractor
Ford 1900
The manual calls for servicing the fuel injection every 200 hours by draining and filling 5oz of engine oil. The manual shows a drain and level plug, however mine does not have (never had) actual tapped holes and screws. Is there no need to service? or another way? how to check? Thanks! pic attached.
fuel injector.jpg

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #2  
seems to me there is somebody on TBN that specializes in injection pumps. maybe you can find him to ask.

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #3  
Are you sure those are not just plastic or rubber plugs pushed into holes in the pump body? Yes, they actually used those on some tractors in lieu of tapped plugs.

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #4  
Probably lubricated from the engine, do you have a small tube from pump to engine block?

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #5  
Where you have the 2 red arrows is where the fill and drain plugs should be. You might have a late model and they changed to the new style where it uses engine oil. Or maybe someone swapped pumps out with the wrong one.

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #6  
Reach around or look at the back side of the inj. pump..
About midway up the back, is there a steel tube connected to the pump w/ a banjo bolt.??
Follow the tube down & it should be open..
Let us know.

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #7  
I had a 1900 and the diesel guy at the time just told me just to add 8 oz of engine oil to the top of the pump every time I changed the oil. Never mentioned draining anything. I added oil for 15 years that way and never drained anything. Worked fine for me.

There's a screw plug at the top you remove to add oil. It has a thin copper washer you need to be careful of losing.

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #8  
Yeah, that's what I was getting to sixdogs.. IF it has that "vent pipe" on the back of the inj. pump..
U just ADD OIL & any excess will be blown out the pipe.. u cant hardly overfill it.. especially if u KNOW how much to add..{manual}

/ Ford 1900 (1981) fuel injector service #10  
Rick.. aren't u thinking of 1 that's ENGINE OIL fed.. THEN the excess will go back thru the front brg cover..
IF u have to fill it manually, the front bearing is closed off..
According to his pic.. there is NO oil line going to the pump..
Just say'n..