Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication #1  

MrMetal

Tractor
New Holland 1900
I have a Ford 1900 tractor that I purchased used several years ago. The owners manual and a shop manual both say that the oil in the injector pump should be changed every 200 hours. The pictures of the pump in the manuals look like mine and show a drain plug and a level plug. On my tractor, the pump body has provisions for those plugs but there are no plugs (see attached photo). Am I correct to assume that the manuals are wrong and that the pump is lubricated with engine oil?
IMG_20220414_142347971.jpg

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication #2  
We have had one since 1980. Use it a lot. It has been so good. I mean we plowed 40 acres with it. Still doing a garden today. Put your battery in a boat battery box and your radiator will last. I don't remember ever fooling with the pump. I'll look. I'll be down there today.

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication #3  
Does it have the fill plug on the top?

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication #4  
Those pumps are self contained w oil.. not splash lubed..
If u look on the back side of the pump you’ll see a vent pipe.. U can add 1/2 qt of oil w/o fear of over filling it..
The vent pipe will expel anything over..

The manual isn’t wrong.. the later style pumps do have those drain and full screws..

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication
Attached is a photo of the top of the pump. Looks like a hex plug that is probably the filler port. Obviously there has to be a drain plug if the oil is to be changed. There is no obvious drain plug. As Roustabout said, perhaps I should just not fool with it. There is a Ford tractor dealer about 25 miles from me that may be able to explain.

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication
Sorry, forgot the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220422_092746177.jpg
    IMG_20220422_092746177.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
   / Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication #7  
Yes, that hex IS the FILL PORT..
Re-read post 4

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication #8  
Oh my 1900 I had the breather up on the top in that spot where I could fill it if removed. And at the bottom area was a place to drain it. Yours doesn't have those so I'd assume it's sealed. On my 1900 I found even after changing the oil in it I'd see overflow out later on. I think fuel and other "whatever" got into it anyway. It didn't seem to hurt it at all though and the pump worked fine for my 15 years of ownership at least.

/ Ford 1900 Injector Pump Lubrication #9  
On the back side of the pump is an overflow pipe.
Anything it doesn’t need will go out the pipe..