Ford 3910...air cleaner restriction light?

/ Ford 3910...air cleaner restriction light? #1  

Jason280

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330
I have a Ford 3910 with around 900hrs, and one of the dash warning lights came on while running the bush hog. Best I can tell, its the air cleaner restriction light...I've pulled both filters, cleaned the outer, as well as blow out the filter housing, but I am still getting the light (seems to get brighter with RPM's). I've noticed no change in the performance of the tractor, still runs fine and pulls hard. Is this just the symptom of a failing sensor? Any way to troubleshoot?

/ Ford 3910...air cleaner restriction light?
20211014_120438_jpg-2129659.JPG

/ Ford 3910...air cleaner restriction light? #3  
I am not familiar with you rig but overall air pressure differential sensors work on a manometer (water or electronic) principle. The sensor would have two ports( tubes). One is placed before and one after the filter. Now as the filter loads up (gets dirty and plugged up) the sensor sees different air pressure and delta pressure can be programed to turn on a light and any other annunciator device. if after cleaning the light is still on then it means one of the tubes or bothe are plugged with debris and you have a false positive. Look for sensing tube around your filter housing and clean out the tube. This is exactly how is done in HVAC industry and concept is exactly the same.

/ Ford 3910...air cleaner restriction light? #4  
Also check the ground wires on the dash panel and check the wiring between the sensor and the dash light. Chances are it is corrosion related as you would feel the tractor bogging down and see it blowing black smoke under minor loads. Chances are it is an electrical gremlin associated with old wires with brittle insulation rubbing against metal somewhere (and possibly bleeding voltage from a different wire), a ground issue or a bad sensor.