Ford 502 Mower

/ Ford 502 Mower #1  

Inspector507

Has anyone heard of this mower? It's a 60" sickle mower. Are they 3PH mount?

/ Ford 502 Mower #2  
I have not seen any sickle mower without 3ph mount.
Well, except one and it was horse-pull type.

/ Ford 502 Mower #3  
I'm not familiar with the 502 and came up with nothing on a google. Apparently the model 501 was pretty popular, as I've seen a lot of them come available. Also a model 505 and 515. I've heard bad things about the model 515.

/ Ford 502 Mower
Thanks Glenn,
This one is in a "basket" so to speak. I just wondered if anyone even heard of it or if parts could be obtained. The 501 is a popular model, but I came up with nothing on the 502.

/ Ford 502 Mower
Once again, thanks.
The cutter bar is the least of the worries if you could see the pile of parts /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Ford 502 Mower #7  
Jerry,

Ford made a belly mount sickle mower and I think the 502 might be it. I found it on the web somewhere a couple years ago when I was looking for a sickle mower, but can't find it again. Check with the dealer, they should be able to tell you.

/ Ford 502 Mower #8  
   / Ford 502 Mower
The owner, who bought it "as is" at auction, said he thought it was a belly mount as well. Thanks for the replies, but I don't think I'll look any further at it. I keep my MMM on all summer, so I don't think I'll be able to use it. It's on eBay if anyone is interested in it, $35 presently.