Ford DF8111 Backhoe steering diagram and parts

/ Ford DF8111 Backhoe steering diagram and parts #1  

xtal01

Tractor
none
Trying to help the old farmer next door ... again.

He has a Ford DF8111 backhoe. Both steering cylinders are shot (one is pouring out oil ... the other dripping).

I was having problems getting the whole story but he said the dealer could not help him ... not sure if the parts were obsolete or ?????

He pulled it apart before he came to me .... hmmmm

So from what I can tell this unit was only made from 1985 - 1988

As usual he has no manuals.

Can anyone send me a diagram and parts list for the two steering cylinders (one on each side). I am hoping I can just get new seals and rebuild them.

Thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!

Mike

PS ... I am a machinist by trade but moved to rural VT (well all VT is rural .. largest city 42,000) about 7 years ago. I have several older farmers that live all around me (even had cows come over to "visit" a few times). Most of these guys are just barely hanging onto their places. I have been trying to help when they have problems (have not charged any of them for my work). With some help I have now worked on loaders, excavators, mowers and a bunch more equipment. So are to good ... have been able to keep everything running ... even rebuilt a golf cart for one farms wife who can't get around without a walker anymore.