Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH?

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #1  

fordnewholland

Ford employee \"A\" and/or \"X\" plan available on NH?

Hey guys:
Was looking around the forum and am confused about this. I will start working for Ford in the College Graduate Program this summer and heard that, as a Ford employee, we get a discount on NH using our "A" or "X" plan. Is this true? I did not know Ford still had anything to do with New Holland. Can someone give me a quick history lesson? I'll probably buy a new garden tractor for my Dad, he has always loved the NH Garden Tractor. And after a year or so working i'll probably get myself a new loader. What sort of discount do we get and is it a good deal or just a ploy to get you to buy a NH?

Thanks in advance guys!

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #2  
Re: Ford employee \"A\" and/or \"X\" plan available on NH?

This is directly from our dealer policy manual. What it goes on to say is that we as dealers are supposed to sell these items to you at cost for which we will recieve a direct commission credited to our account from New Holland upon completion of the transaction. Cost is stated as being net price minus any settlement allowances to the dealer at time of settlement. plus the dealers freight, delivery and setup charges. I hope this clears up this issue once and for all.

ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES
All North America employees of CNH Global N.V. and retirees (including successor companies) are eligible
for the Employee Purchase Plan.
Eligible employees are all actual full-time regular salaried or hourly employees with at least six months
seniority. Employees on layoff or on leave of absence may not participate during such layoff or leave. This
program is limited to employees and retirees only.
Eligible employees of the following Ford Motor Company Divisions and affiliates are eligible:
Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company of Canada
Ford Motor Credit Company
Ford Motor Credit Company of Canada
NOTE: Ford Motor Division employees are not eligible to purchase MZ-H series ZTR mowers,
telehandlers or skid-steer loaders (including Loadstar attachments) under the Employee
Purchase Plan.
NOTE: The Employee Purchase Plan is for the employee only and is not extended to employees'
family members.
NOTE: Only Ford Motor Company employees who receive their paycheck from Ford Motor
Company (not Visteon, or any other outsourced plant) are eligible for Employee Purchase
Plan.

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #3  

Even though Ford and New Holland are not "one" anymore, I believe the A Plan pricing is offered to Ford employees as a courtesy, and as a way to build traffic and sales at the NH dealers.

As spencer200 says, the A plan on NH tractors is offered only to the actual employee, not to family members, unlike the way A and Z plans work if you were buying a new car at a Ford dealership.

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #4  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What sort of discount do we get and is it a good deal or just a ploy to get you to buy a NH? )</font>

I personally think making the best darned tractor I ever sat on was a ploy to get me to buy a New Holland. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif What do you think? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #5  

I like the word "incentive" a whole lot better than "ploy"..."perk" also comes to mind.

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ploy to get me to buy a New Holland. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif What do you think? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

I certainly agree with that.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Andy

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #7  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I like the word "incentive" a whole lot better than "ploy"..."perk" also comes to mind. )</font>

You're right-- incentive is the word I should have used. Ploy sounds more underhanded and devious. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #8  

It was as you stated above when I purchased my TC40D. Note that the tractor must be in the employees name, and if using New Holland Credit, the credit check is on the Ford Employees name. There is no transferring purchases to immediate family as the A and X plans do with cars.

Ford Motor has nothing to do with this, and if you ask your Ford Personnel Department they will disavow all knowledge of this program.

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #9  

Hello fordnewholland,(and other "blue bleeders")
I am a Ford employee and I just purchased a new TC35A with employee discount. Yes you do need 6 months senority, and you must show Ford I.D. to be elligable for the discount. As stated by others, it has nothing to do with Ford and it is not A,X, or Z plan priced. It is priced by dealer cost. Be shure to check different dealers because there prices will differ. I visited 4 dealers and received 4 different prices!
Most importantly, buy from a trusted dealer.
Good luck on your summer graduate program. Hope this info helps /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ford employee "A" and/or "X" plan available on NH? #10  

Reminded me of a previous discount going the other direction.
I purchased a Ford tractor in 1983. During the Ford/FordNH/NH
goofiness (you can use our name but not our script logo..) about
1990 I received a typical 2x3 foot tractor flyer. Usually
these had lots of 8n 9n stuff, deals on service etc, sometimes
on parts. Looking at the flyers I got the impression Ford
thought of these Shibaura CUT'S the same way Dodge dealers
thought of the the Dodge Colt or whatever they were selling
to those not willing to buy a "REAL" Dodge, as black sheep.

Anyway there was rarely if any mention of my tractor, a 1710.
Was just about to toss it in the can when something caught
my eye. A certificate for as I remember $750 on any Ford
Truck! I was in the middle of negotiating on one and
after that was done presented the certificate to the dealer.
Took them FOREVER to verify it but they eventually did!
Almost threw $750 in the trash!

One wonders how many of these deals are out there that
hardly anyone knows about.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif<font color="blue">D</font><font color="orange">E</font> <font color="green">L</font>/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif