Ford Jubilee - can anyone assist me with getting this to run reliably?

/ Ford Jubilee - can anyone assist me with getting this to run reliably? #1  

NeedNHelp

Tractor
ford jubilee
My Ford Jubilee would not stay running after sitting all winter. New gas etc. It was starting, just would not run more than few minutes. Tried changing points. Went to start , once I pushed ignition I heard an electrical pop. Now nothing happens when pushing ignition button.

Any one got any leads / ideas on what I need to check on now?

/ Ford Jubilee - can anyone assist me with getting this to run reliably? #2  
Check your grounds. I've had corrosion that made pops like that hten everything was dead. Cleaned all the contacts to battery, frame, starter, etc. Then it started right up.

/ Ford Jubilee - can anyone assist me with getting this to run reliably? #3  
Mine did the same thing. Replaced the key switch which took care of the problem for about a year. It's easy to jumper out the switch to see if that is the issue. Before you ask, Yes it would start, run, and stall like out of gas and the problem was the key switch

It started doing the exact same thing after about a year. Replacing points & condenser with electronic ignition fixed it that time.

/ Ford Jubilee - can anyone assist me with getting this to run reliably? #4  
Are you having electrical or fuel problems? I had same problem, went to 12v, same problem. Todays fuel is like 3.2 beer, clean tank and lines, rebuild carb and add octane booster. Mine runs like new ( just a suggestion ) 1952 GOLDEN JUBILEE