Ford tractors

/ Ford tractors #1  

kencunningham

Silver Member
I was looking online at a ford 1220 and came here to see if i could find any info on it and realized there is no ford forum. I went to tractordata and it says it was manufactured by sabura(spelling). Are parts readily available for this or is it a grey market tractor?

/ Ford tractors #2  
I was looking online at a ford 1220 and came here to see if i could find any info on it and realized there is no ford forum. I went to tractordata and it says it was manufactured by sabura(spelling). Are parts readily available for this or is it a grey market tractor?

Try the New Holland (Ford's successor) section.

Steve

/ Ford tractors #3  
There are grey market Shibaura tractors but the 1220 is a U.S spec Ford model, made for them by Shibaura. Most of the "big" names have had their compact tractors made in part or whole by Japanese tractor manufacturers for many years. The old grey market Shibaura's are in general hard to get parts for but I suspect that "most" parts are available for the 1220. They were made from the mid/late '80's until the late '90's so I would suspect there are a lot of them and they aren't that old (in the tractor world).

Examples of "brand" name compacts and who made them are;

Massey Ferguson's were made by Hinomoto and Iseki
Bolens, White, Agco ....Iseki
John Deere...... Yanmar
International Harvester/Case IH and Cub Cadet ...... Mitsubishi
Ford/New Holland........Shibaura
Probably forgetting some but you get the idea.

/ Ford tractors #4  
there is both NH forums AND ford forums.

ford is under the antique section.. for the older stuff.. and NH covers the more current ford production that went into and thru NH.. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford tractors #5  
Call a New Holland dealer and he can tell you if he can get parts. 1220 sounds like a US model and New Holland will have parts. I have not had any problems getting the few parts I have need for my 1700 built by Shibaura.