Forty Grand? For a Stove?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #22  
I have seen it again and again. People intalling kitchens that would put many small restaurants to shame. AND, they don't even cook! And you wonder why this system of things is coming to an end?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #23  
There is so much money floating around the economy these days. A person can only put so much into stocks. People want to change the funny money into something tangible, like a nice stove.

It's not stupid, it's smart.

Our money supply just grew by 20% in the last year. Think about that...of our entire money supply, 1/5 was added in the last year. There are only a few way to shrink the money supply...and stupid high prices on luxury items is one of them.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #24  
Until the inevitible CRASH (of the FAKE unsustainable economy) comes.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #25  
Our money supply just grew by 20% in the last year. Think about that...of our entire money supply, 1/5 was added in the last year. There are only a few way to shrink the money supply...and stupid high prices on luxury items is one of them.

So, how does buying luxury items shrink the money supply?

Do only “stupid high prices” reduce the money supply or do all purchases reduce money supply?

Does buying tractor implements reduce the money supply?

MoKelly

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #26  
I was thinking about getting new furniture for my living room this year. Guy told me that if I order now I might get it in 6 months or a year and then he told me the price..... the furniture I have will last a while longer and if that fails I'll sit on the floor until the madness ends.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #27  
Might make sense if you had a mattress full of (becoming worthless) FIAT currency and wanted to put it into something.

My guess, is that many of those Forty Grand Stoves are NOT PAID FOR. That and a hundred other things might just make your House and Mortgage unafordable when Rates Rise.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #28  
So, how does buying luxury items shrink the money supply?

Do only “stupid high prices” reduce the money supply or do all purchases reduce money supply?

Does buying tractor implements reduce the money supply?

MoKelly

There is a principle in economics called velocity of money. Basically how many times can a dollar be spent in the economy before taxes,inflation, and savings reduce it to zero.

Paying over inflated prices will reduce the money supply over time, someone will make enough money on the good to pay some taxes and hopefully put some profit into savings.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #29  
Might make sense if you had a mattress full of (becoming worthless) FIAT currency and wanted to put it into something.

My guess, is that many of those Forty Grand Stoves are NOT PAID FOR. That and a hundred other things might just make your House and Mortgage unafordable when Rates Rise.

You would be amazed how many people can afford to pay cash for a house or second home. There is a lot of money out there...if you know where to look.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #30  
The gov is printing money to sustain the debt.
This means we have inflation.
Since every other country is doing this, seems like a sustainable experiment for now..
Still not buying a $40K stove though :)