Found a great gas can spout!!

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #21  
I use my loader... put the can in the bucket, raise it, get the hose running and walk away.

Way too much effort compared to what I do. Tank is in the very back, would need long hose, just too tedious. I have the can on a hand truck. Wheel it up to the back of my tractor, hose in fill neck on tank, 2 minutes of cranking, pull hose and I'm done.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #22  
my cans are over 10 years old, not a single issue or rot with any of them, never seen plastic "rot" before to be honest
It’s a very rare occasion that a plastic can lasts me more than 3 or 4 years. Part of the problem is that I often carry them in the truck so they get exposed to sunlight. Yet normal temperature fluctuations make them expand and shrink, after a while they crack out on those wrinkles. I’ve started bringing home my father’s old Steel Eagle metal cans with vents in them.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #23  
Way too much effort compared to what I do. Tank is in the very back, would need long hose, just too tedious. I have the can on a hand truck. Wheel it up to the back of my tractor, hose in fill neck on tank, 2 minutes of cranking, pull hose and I'm done.
I will have a setup like that. Someday.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #24  
It’s a very rare occasion that a plastic can lasts me more than 3 or 4 years. Part of the problem is that I often carry them in the truck so they get exposed to sunlight. Yet normal temperature fluctuations make them expand and shrink, after a while they crack out on those wrinkles. I’ve started bringing home my father’s old Steel Eagle metal cans with vents in them.
guess you need these then

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #25  
^^^ That would work, but I probably will just get a 50 gallon tank with a pump, or set it up gravity feed in the shed.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #26  
On offshore web sights I found small filtered 12 volt fuel pumps that I drive from my tractor battery.
They are, for all practical purposes, modified marine bilge pumps.
Typically about $10-15.00 and work extremely well.
For my outlet hose I use 5/8 radiator hose as that is fuel resistant and remains flexible in cold.
They come c/w power cable, switch and battery clamps and a filter screen.

One caution is 'fuel only' (never gas) as the DC pump motor is submerged in the fuel.

So I never need to heft a full tank and can re fuel without smelly hands.
The nature of those pumps is such that when powered off any fuel simply drains back to the fuel can.
OK, there is usually about a cup of fuel that remains but that's OK as often that is where there might be undesirable crud or traces of water.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #27  
I buy similar to this

Retail Pack Flexible Replacement Gas Spout with 2 Screw Collar Caps(1 Fine & 1 Coarse - Fits Most Of The Cans), 2 Base Caps, 1 Stopper Cap and 1 Stainless Steel Filter/Flame Arrestor. Amazon.com: Retail Pack Flexible Replacement Gas Spout with 2 Screw Collar Caps(1 Fine & 1 Coarse - Fits Most Of The Cans), 2 Base Caps, 1 Stopper Cap and 1 Stainless Steel Filter/Flame Arrestor. : Industrial & Scientific

At Rural King. They are a southern Illinois, Eastern Missouri supply store.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #28  
I quit "pouring" gas/diesel into my trucks/tractors long ago...

I still use cans, but I use the pumps sold on Amazon that take 2 D cells, and let them do the work. I have one for gas and another for diesel.

They even shut off when the tank is full, so NO spilling and NO funnel needed either. Plus the batteries last a LONG time.

SR

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #29  
^^^^^^ I went with a pump also. Except mine uses 4 AA batteries and I use the same one for gas and diesel. Hey, it was sixty bucks! I let it drain and dry out between uses. For the big tractor, I use a 30-gallon diesel dispenser setup.

I got this one back in January.

Last edited:
   / Found a great gas can spout!! #30  
Thirty three dollars, for a piece of plastic which will rot out in <5 years? I’ve looked at those before, but can’t imagine that spout lasting very long in the back of my truck during cold weather
It’s not that kind of plastic. Highly UV resistance polyurethane material. The spout is the failure point but it’s also designed to be user built and repaired with common items…more importantly it’s not a fuel container per the manufacturer.