Frontier SB11xx series blower-late model

/ Frontier SB11xx series blower-late model #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
I had ordered a SB1174 last year along with the hydraulic chute rotation and hydraulic deflector adjustment. The order was delayed and the unit apparently did not come in until March. Dealer never called so I just contacted him and it was still there. This turned out to be a bonus for me. A new $200 program on the 11 series right now, but better yet the chute rotation hydraulics has been upgraded from the gangly cylinder/linkage style to a hydraulic motor. I haven't seen the spec on this but will assume that it went from the 210ー rotation to the 270ー rotation of the SB13 series.

OK with that out of the way, my hydraulic deflector had to be ordered. What confused me is that there is no anchoring points on the chute itself to secure a ram. All it has is 2 thumb wheels to lock it down. Has anybody seen the latest version of this unit? All literature that I have seen has been of the old style and all dealer pics seem to be of crated units. Apparently serial number 120,000 is where the change was made.

Last edited:
   / Frontier SB11xx series blower-late model #2  
I had ordered a SB1174 last year along with the hydraulic chute rotation and hydraulic deflector adjustment. The order was delayed and the unit apparently did not come in until March. Dealer never called so I just contacted him and it was still there. This turned out to be a bonus for me. A new $200 program on the 11 series right now, but better yet the chute rotation hydraulics has been upgraded from the gangly cylinder/linkage style to a hydraulic motor. I haven't seen the spec on this but will assume that it went from the 210ー rotation to the 270ー rotation of the SB13 series.

OK with that out of the way, my hydraulic deflector had to be ordered. What confused me is that there is no anchoring points on the chute itself to secure a ram. All it has is 2 thumb wheels to lock it down. Has anybody seen the latest version of this unit? All literature that I have seen has been of the old style and all dealer pics seem to be of crated units. Apparently serial number 120,000 is where the change was made.

I just installed the kit you may be talking about. It starts at post #44. Hope this helps.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/260926-jd-front-mount-59-blower-2.html

/ Frontier SB11xx series blower-late model
Thanks that looks like the kit. Looks like I get to drill and bolt this too.