Fuel filter bowl leak

/ Fuel filter bowl leak #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
The bowl on my fuel filter housing is leaking after I changed the filter it’s on tight don’t know what would cause it to leak it’s leaking from the threads where it screws on

Attachments

• 66A769B8-F48C-4FFB-B109-E1B5D43F2778.jpeg
    66A769B8-F48C-4FFB-B109-E1B5D43F2778.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
   / Fuel filter bowl leak #2  
Gee, hoses also look suspect.... There should be an rubber ring that goes on top of the bowl lip that seals it. Did you replace it and if you did, is it seated properly?

/ Fuel filter bowl leak
Gee, hoses also look suspect.... There should be an rubber ring that goes on top of the bowl lip that seals it. Did you replace it and if you did, is it seated properly?
I put the original back in it looks brand new

/ Fuel filter bowl leak #4  
Looks can be deceiving, did you kink it? It has to lay flat on the bowl lip to seal and the aluminum ring can also be an issue, easy to cross thread.

/ Fuel filter bowl leak #5  
T
hose hoses always look like hell after a few years. There just cloth covered.

I also suspect the o ring. You can use some grease to hold it up in place or down on the bowl when you Install.

/ Fuel filter bowl leak #6  
I just changed Mine a few minutes ago . Had to pull it twice . The o-ring rolled on me and had a kink in it . Went back with the old for now .