Fuel totes (275 gal)

/ Fuel totes (275 gal) #1  

puckgrinder85

Platinum Member
Tractor
'13 Yanmar Lx4100
Anyone have one of these that they fill or get filled by a company? We have a rollback wrecker and the tractor to fill every so often and it may be nice to just keep 300gal onsite instead of running to the pump everytime. I can take the tote to a fuel station with the wrecker and slide it off after its been filled but I don't know how that is going to go over, if its illegal or what not. I know they frown upon filling fuel into no approved cans, not sure about diesel however. I'd only be taking the tank a few miles, not cross country.

/ Fuel totes (275 gal) #2  
I just had mine fueled with 120 gallons of diesel by a local distributor. I need 200 gallons to get free delivery and my steel tank only held 82 so he put the other 118 in my plastic tote tank without a comment.

NOTE: You may have an issue if you try to fill it at a service station from someone that knows nothing but wants to assert his authority.
If you are buying 275 gallons at one time, call the local bulk distributor and have him come to your house and fill it in place. No sliding, shoving etc. needed and you can get it road tax free or taxable either way you want it.

/ Fuel totes (275 gal) #3  
Have it filled and build a stand for Gravity flow .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ Fuel totes (275 gal) #4  
Anyone have one of these that they fill or get filled by a company? We have a rollback wrecker and the tractor to fill every so often and it may be nice to just keep 300gal onsite instead of running to the pump everytime. I can take the tote to a fuel station with the wrecker and slide it off after its been filled but I don't know how that is going to go over, if its illegal or what not. I know they frown upon filling fuel into no approved cans, not sure about diesel however. I'd only be taking the tank a few miles, not cross country.

I have had one stationary for 10 yrs. No problems.

It's illegal to haul more than 119 gallons at a time in a tank without proper hazmat stuff.

Chris