FYI - Replacement belt for New Holland GT22 & Toro 522xi w/60" deck

/ FYI - Replacement belt for New Holland GT22 & Toro 522xi w/60" deck #1  

woodstockva

Tractor
New Holland GT22
After much aggravation, I was able to find an AFTERMARKET replacement belt for the 2 outside blade pulleys on my New Holland GT22 (Toro 522xi). The manuals & EVERY website online do not give any dimensions or cross reference numbers for the lower belt. I physically took mine off, measured it, and ordered a replacement based on that info.

The OEM belt is $90+ (s/h extra) & was not in stock anywhere.

The identical replacement belt was $40.46 w/no tax & free 2 day shipping on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018U27RA]Amazon.com: Oregon 75-211 Replacement Belt for Dixie Chopper 30236-0, 5/8-inch x 130-1/4-inch: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

The replacement belt is an OREGON 75-211. The dimensions are 5/8" x 128 5/16" (the one I took off was 5/8" x 130"). Due to the auto tensioner, the inch difference was taken up by the spring that holds tension on the idler pulley & did not give any adverse side effects.

I put it on in 5 minutes & was immediately cutting grass. The previous belt was severely cracked, worn, and slipping....so anything more than 6" grass, it would slip. The new belt goes through 18" grass with no hesitation.

I hope this saves you MUCH time & effort looking for a factory replacement belt.

Woodstockva