FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West

/ FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West #1  

Trails2004

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 JD 3520
I just had my JD 3520 drive wheel tires (15x19.5 R4's) filled with Rimguard the cost was 3.35 per gallon. They added 29 gallons per tire ( 310 lbs )

The other local tire shop was pushing CaCl2. When I asked if this product was safe to use- they replied a tube is recommended--- So I guess it isnt all that safe if they want you to buy tubes :laughing:

/ FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West #2  
And?????:confused2:

/ FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West #3  
Hmmmm, I think they saw you coming. The R4s on my 3720 are 43-16-20 rear and 27-8.50-15 front. I was billed $237.60 for all four just this past summer; 36.5 gallons each rear, 7.5 gallons each front. 88 gallons total, at $2.70/gal installed.

//greg//

/ FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West
And?????:confused2:

My post was merely an FYI regarding the cost of Rimguard in the Rocky Mtn West AND the continued miss information on Calcium Chloride .....i.e.- it is safe but you better use a tube........

Hmmmm, I think they saw you coming. The R4s on my 3720 are 43-16-20 rear and 27-8.50-15 front. I was billed $237.60 for all four just this past summer; 36.5 gallons each rear, 7.5 gallons each front. 88 gallons total, at $2.70/gal installed.

//greg//

You must be a tad closer to the supplier??? We have a significant sugar beet crop in the Rocky Mtn Region....they must ship all the juice east..... :laughing:

/ FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West #6  
My post was merely an FYI regarding the cost of Rimguard in the Rocky Mtn West AND the continued miss information on Calcium Chloride .....i.e.- it is safe but you better use a tube........

I didn't know if you were asking a question or stating a fact... I was told they use calcium with tubes do to rust. :D

I didn't know if you were asking a question or stating a fact... I was told they use calcium with tubes do to rust. :D

I'm sorry Murph..I didn't thoroughly illustrate my sarcasm ......

/ FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West #8  
Sudite :cool:

/ FYI- Rimguard cost - Rocky Mtn West #9  
Rimguard here in Idaho runs about $3.50-3.75 also...guess were just more expensive here in PNW.

i had CaCl in my old JD tires, and also used tubes. Had rust issues on both rims I also had one tire explode and destroy three (3) 4x8 foot sheets of 16g and 12g steel (total rust overnight). Started to do a number on the shed siding also.

This time i opted to go with rimguard. Id rather my shed look like a crime scene if the tire ruptures instead of rusting out everything. If i was one to park the tractor OUTSIDE of my shed, id probably of used CaCl as its cheaper.

Rimguard here in Idaho runs about $3.50-3.75 also...guess were just more expensive here in PNW..

I'm in one of the "square" states to your southeast :D So at $3.30 per/gal sounds about right- if they are shipping from Michigan