Gardens for 2021 season

/ Gardens for 2021 season
Starting to transplant tomatoes from the hotbed, did about 75 or so last night. probably have that many more for now to do.
Also have 4 pots that are just coming up and probably at least 100 plants in each pot for later planting to give a spread out harvest.
Hilled 4 rows of potatoes last night and have 6 1/2 rows left to do. Later will push dirt up 1 more time and it usually makes enough mound to hide the spuds!

/ Gardens for 2021 season #52  
Our garden progress, lots of flowers! They are getting close to opening up an abundance of colors soon!
Polish_20210523_134300835.jpeg
Polish_20210523_134125653.jpeg
Polish_20210523_134017819.jpeg
Polish_20210523_133947048.jpeg

/ Gardens for 2021 season #53  
From the mini-garden.
Radish color 20210523_143016.jpg

/ Gardens for 2021 season #54  
Beautiful place you got there Matt........I'll bet that you have some "help" keeping things looking that good.

Nice radishes Ken.

With some luck I'll get my place mowed today.....but more daily rain is forecast for another week. My garden is still un-planted.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Gardens for 2021 season #55  
Because of pocket gophers, raccoons, deer - etc, etc I go small. Two concrete block planters. A tad bit bigger than three feet across. Squash is my crop. Either acorn or butternut. Back in the day - we had a large garden. Got tired of daily maintenance just so we could feed the local wildlife. I'll get a total of 30 to 35 squash from these two planters.
IMG_0166.JPG

/ Gardens for 2021 season #56  
Beautiful place you got there Matt........I'll bet that you have some "help" keeping things looking that good.

Nice radishes Ken.

With some luck I'll get my place mowed today.....but more daily rain is forecast for another week. My garden is still un-planted.

Cheers,
Mike
Thank you! Surprisingly I don't have much help, my significant other gets out about once a month a helps for a few hours. Gardening is my hobby, and I spend a lot of time doing it. You'd be surprised how much you can get done putting 10 hours a week in.

/ Gardens for 2021 season #57  
Working on prepping the site for our fall pumpkins and sunflowers. Tilled and tarped an 80x80 area last fall. Half billboard tarps and the other half 4 mil plastic, I couldn't keep the 4 mil from blowing off no matter what I tried, I recently tilled and planted cowpeas on the uncovered area, plan to plant out early July.

Attachments

• Polish_20210524_200230880.jpg
    Polish_20210524_200230880.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 72
got the rest of the potatoes hilled and cultivated everything planted so far. Hydraulic fitting blew up on the 340, so now that gotta be fixed so I can finish going over the unplanted areas and get them planted.
Did get a small shower last night when we were planting the greenbeans and some red beans for dry bean use.

Attachments

• DSCN0248.JPG
    DSCN0248.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
   / Gardens for 2021 season #59  
Nice! I planted potatoes in a tilled area and didn't stay on top of the weeds, I knew full well what would happen, before and after pic.
got the rest of the potatoes hilled and cultivated everything planted so far. Hydraulic fitting blew up on the 340, so now that gotta be fixed so I can finish going over the unplanted areas and get them planted.
Did get a small shower last night when we were planting the greenbeans and some red beans for dry bean use.
IMG_20210420_122403757.jpeg
Polish_20210526_150326088.jpeg

Poppys and wild lettuce in there???? looks good but just the wrong crop!
We have had about a half inch of rain over the last couple of days and cold North winds again-----50* today---- was close to 90* last week! lol!!. Wont take long for it to dry out once the rain stops. It is just light rain and at times just a heavy cold mist so the ground is still not that wet.
Got the 340 hydraulic block buttered back together and ready to test it again. Will have to find the correct one that goes to the 340 tractors, dont know what someone stuck on there but it is not the right part.
Anyway melons and pumpkins are mostly all we have left to plant this time around. Might have a few sweet potatoes later to plant then the 2 week sweetcorn plantings.
The last 2 years we have been spreading the plantings out on sweetcorn and green beans. Gives a bigger window to harvest and process in.
We do a BUNCH of freeze dried sweetcorn and its a slow process, so we do later plantings to extend our harvest time.