Gator Blades for Zd326p

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p #1  

Kubota 2007

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4740,B3030,ZD326, RTV 900,L4200 1120RTV
Ordered three gator blades for my 60” ZD326. I wanted these blades for mulching leafs with my vacuum. Blades are exactly the same size,width as original Kubota blades, except thickness is less. I tried installing,everything fit perfectly but blades will not tighten up. They feel tight but when torquing the blade spins and I can get the bolt to torque specs. Any ideas?

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p #2  
You need thicker washers to compensate for the thinner blades. Torquing to the specified value is key to not getting spinning blades the can damage components on the spindles. Also those blades are not as strong if you hit rocks or branches so be careful

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p #3  
I bought Predator brand for my G2160 with 60" deck. They're amazing. So much so I bought a second set so when I take off set #1 to send out for sharpening, I can install the fresh set. After over a year I decided to pull and have a look. The old blades are still as sharp and undamaged as the brand new ones. Needless to say, I did not need to change them out. I've never seen blades that held up like this

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p #4  
Uhmm. I have had Gators on my zd326 and zd1211 since new, and never had that problem. Mine are 0.25" thick. I hope Oregon hasn't started making them thinner!
The 60" deck takes Oregon G6 396-810 (20.5" x 3.00" x 0.25", 1-1/8" mounting hole), with 2 OEM washers.
Maybe add a 3rd belleville washer?

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p
I ordered my gGator blades from Walmart.com, they show a ZD326 takes blade 96-363??? That’s the blade’s I have. Going to try returning.

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p #6  
Ordered three gator blades for my 60” ZD326. I wanted these blades for mulching leafs with my vacuum. Blades are exactly the same size,width as original Kubota blades, except thickness is less. I tried installing,everything fit perfectly but blades will not tighten up. They feel tight but when torquing the blade spins and I can get the bolt to torque specs. Any ideas?
Any chance you have the cup washers orientated incorrectly?

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p #8  
Jacks small engine should have your stock washers. replaced washers on mine w/original through them.

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p
Any chance you have the cup washers orientated incorrectly?

No, I checked washers when I couldn’t tighten blades.These blades are very thin. Blade bolt has a flange it is bottoms out.

/ Gator Blades for Zd326p #10  
No, I checked washers when I couldn’t tighten blades.These blades are very thin. Blade bolt has a flange it is bottoms out.
I have the Gators on my deck, 60", three blades, the part number is Oregon G6 396-810. They fit without any drama.