GC 2400 Throttle Cable Adjustment

/ GC 2400 Throttle Cable Adjustment #1  

kfschaefer

Tractor
MF GC 2400
I have a 2009 GC 2400 which has been a workhorse since I got it new. 875 hours and going strong although yesterday I noticed that when I pulled the throttle back to idle, the tach and engine did not fully adjust. I checked the cable and connections and everything is fine. The lever does stay where it should be so I know it is not that adjustment that is needed. Is it possible the cable needs to be adjusted? If so, what direction do I adjust the nuts to tighten or lessen the cable?

Anyone have any tips or suggestions on what might be happening?

/ GC 2400 Throttle Cable Adjustment #2  
Check the connection on the throttle linkage beside the left side radiator hose. Return spring and throttle lever should work smoothly. The might have a bit of corrosion binding things up, give them a spray with a penetrating oil. You might have to remove the side panel for complete access.

Attachments

• GC.jpg
    GC.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
   / GC 2400 Throttle Cable Adjustment #3  
i just bought a zturn with 5 hours on it. the owner hated it because it idled so high. dealer said it was because of emissions.

it was squirrelly as heck and very difficult to control.

At the factory, when They secured the throttle cable they clamped down on the wire as apposed to the outer jacket.

Quick readjust and now that thing idles nice and slow and much easier to control.

/ GC 2400 Throttle Cable Adjustment #4  
I had to replace my cable for same reason. was bare spot hidden from view as it crosses under frame behind center cowl that was sticking.
agco part 6254177M92 for cable was approx 40$. took about hour to replace and adjust.

/ GC 2400 Throttle Cable Adjustment
Check the connection on the throttle linkage beside the left side radiator hose. Return spring and throttle lever should work smoothly. The might have a bit of corrosion binding things up, give them a spray with a penetrating oil. You might have to remove the side panel for complete access.
Thanks as I had done some but added more this AM before I went to mow for 4 hours. It seems better so I think that extra bit may have helped. If it returns I will adjust the lever as it does seem to be a bit off.