GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed
maybe I can talk wifey into early Christmas present. LOL

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #22  
I wish 12 years ago someone had a weight box for sale like GeneV and mgstevens showed in their post, because I would of purchased one instead of making my own weight box...

For others that want ideas to build their own weight box, here's a link to my build from 2009:

KC

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #23  
Here's the one I got a couple of years ago. The screen shot has all the details, 'cept the red one is no longer available and the sale price is over...

That vevor link is the same unit - better price.
Yeh, I looked at Titan's, but they're like $380 there now. Vevor's was the cheapest price I found from a legit vendor. It a decent quality box, but one thing that bugs me is the bracket for the top link, the holes for the pin don't line up square. Functionally it's not a biggie, but it messes with my OCD.

PXL_20211018_201657790.jpg

I like having a loadable box vs a solid weight, you could adjust the weight as needed, which I think is the way to go. Too much weight in the back without the bucket loaded, well there goes your steering. So that's not great. Anyways, I load mine with paver bricks, coz I have a whole bunch of them.

PXL_20211023_184714724.jpg

I bought a $13 dolly from Harbor Freight for it, I had to add some extra planks to make it work.

PXL_20211206_161049628.jpg

So there ya go, hope this helps.

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #24  
Oh yeh, another thing I found is that the trap door at the bottom, it's so noisy when the tractor is running, with the door rattling around, really annoying. I solved it like this:

PXL_20211023_175054337.jpg

wonder if I can trick wifey into buying for me.....if not gotta wait until february.
thing is I can easily see where this can serve me year round.
that sounds like a good pro buy for me argument right ????

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #26  
Why not put an implement on the 3point

Why not put an implement on the 3point
due to how the implements I own sit not enough ground clearance compared to a weight bucket like linked above AND to move trailers (which I do many times a week) I'd just have to remove implement and attach the reese adapter.
the linked weight bucket with the built in hitch meets my needs and in non winter can haul saws/brush cutters, etc around

wonder if I can trick wifey into buying for me.....if not gotta wait until february.
thing is I can easily see where this can serve me year round.
that sounds like a good pro buy for me argument right ????
I planted the seeds last night...we'll see if they germinate for me LOL

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #29  
I planted the seeds last night...we'll see if they germinate for me LOL

As read, looks like you'll be a father (of something/one) soon.

And "safety" is the ever-winning tool or equipment rationalization. That way, it serves her instead of just you.

As read, looks like you'll be a father (of something/one) soon.

And "safety" is the ever-winning tool or equipment rationalization. That way, it serves her instead of just you.
well prob gonna be a bit, tax season maybe, but for sure not 9 months LOL
I did buy titan quick hitch and titan receiver setup which adds almost 200 lbs to rear which will help.
the pats hitches worked good (bought before lot of experience on hitches and pto implements specific to gc series) but need something simpler (disabilities...many of them) and there seems to be no pto driven implement on gc series a real quick hitch would interfere with,