GC2400 rear combo lamps/blinker issue

/ GC2400 rear combo lamps/blinker issue #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
this is odd, noticed last night when headlamps on my rear combos are not on.
when blinker/4way activated the flasher is clicking but the dash arrows/4way switch not lit AND the actual lights themselves are not blinking.
all other dash components work.
no power to the actual lights confirmed and all fuses are good.
have not had much time to look into and will be day or so before I can, but was wondering if anyone had seen this particular scenario before so that when I get chance to actually look I'd have a possible starting point.

/ GC2400 rear combo lamps/blinker issue #2  
Switch gone bad?

/ GC2400 rear combo lamps/blinker issue
possible don't think so, turned out the combo lights do work (was still light out when I looked) only the blinkers and 4 ways don't.
flasher is working but no dash arrows light (rest of dash lights work) and no rear blinker work so BOTH switches are passing signals to the flasher unit.
think I need to look schematic and check ground paths off flasher unit.
just had not had chance yet.

Last edited:
   / GC2400 rear combo lamps/blinker issue #4  
First try cleaning off ground connections and tighten. Any gunk on these will cause problems.
Then check to see if you have voltage coming from blinker if you are comfortable with a Voltmeter.

yeah I did cleaning of harnesses in area no joy. going to first check the dash blinker light traces to see if voltage both sides if not (especially if ground side) I have a start point.

yeah got no voltage on either side at dash lamps or turn signals.
attached is schematic and relay layout. got to study it to find where a common fail could be.
got lower cowl pulled away as I need to swap out tach cable due to sticking in cold weather anyway so I'll look at this. not gonna spend money though, 4way flasher alone is 110$

Attachments

• 2400_electrical_1.pdf
    173.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 2400_electrical_2.pdf
    158.7 KB · Views: 102
   / GC2400 rear combo lamps/blinker issue #7  
Since it's two relays, I would pull the fuses and check for continuity. Feed to contacts of relay or grounds from relays.

fuses are all good did check that first thing.
I am really thinking ground path after relays as if ground itself bad AT relays none would click which all 3 do.
its actually 3 relays, one for each blinker side and one for 4 way. something common on the outgoing path of all 3 has to be involved.

/ GC2400 rear combo lamps/blinker issue #9  
Maybe they put a ground out by where the lights connect?

there is connector but I can't see how that would affect the dash signals, best I can tell that connector only for the rear lights. after tach cable done gonna pull that connector and clean to be safe but really think its something in wire LOOM going to the 3 relays. and its a tight invisible spot to work on :(