GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #1  

MF RED in MT

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hey everyone, I am preplanning for my 50 hour service for this summer and I think I have found the grease, and fluids that I will be using? I have been searching here on TBN and also most of the major oil companys :eek:, and there is a lot of different information out there :confused:. I have a major investment that I want to give the best care to and another consideration is I live in a cold winter area where summer mid temps are 78F. I have tried to adhere to the owners manual specifications except to exceed them. Today I called my nesrest MF dealer and ask about "Amsoil Synthetic fluids and any warranty problems" and I was told that Amsoil was not a problem with my warranty :D. I will list below the MF requirements and a long with that the product that I am planning to use.

1). Engine Oil: MF Mutiguard, MIL-L-46152, API Service CC; SAE 10w, 20w,
30w, 10w-30, and 15w-40 (these SAE's are for different temps).
Plan to use Amsoil Synthetic 10w-30/30w Heavy Duty Diesel
Oil (3 US qts. equals $24).

2). Transmission, Differential Housing, and Front Axle: MF Permatran lll.
Plan to use Amsoil Syn. Tractor Hydradulic/Transmission Oil;
SAE 5w-30 (ATH) (Trans/Diff. Housing and Front Axle equals 17 US qts.
$136).

3). MF2360 Snowblower Gearbox: AGMA 5EP, SAE 80w-90 gear oil.
Plan to use Amsoil Syn. Gear Lube SAE 80-90 (unknown amount,
1 US qt.equals $9.20).

4). Grease Fittings: MF M-1105 lithium base grease No. 2.
Using Valvoline Syn Power, NGLI #2 GC-LB Lithium Complex EP
Grease has moly-fortified ingredients to increase
film strength, lubricates at temperatures ranging from -40F to 400F
(14.1oz tube at Napa equals $5.99).

5). Engine Coolant: 50/50 mixture ethylene glycol and water (-30F).
Plan to use Zerex Original Green Antifreeze/Coolant (4.9 US qts
at a 55/45 mixture equals -34F).

6). I have not researched the Amsoil Filters so I so not know yet if I will use
them or Napa, orthe MF Filters.
(MF oil filter is $11.50 / MF trans filter is $26.62)
I would like your advise regarding the oil and
transmission filter products :D :D :D.

Please let me know what you think of my choices and any products that you use or would consider using? I hope this thread can help others with their services they do on their tractors. Thanks, KC

Last edited:
   / GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #2  
Only thing I would change is the grease. If you have a FEL get something with Moly in it this what I use. Amalie Oil Company I use the pro-tac plus It has 5% Moly.

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #3  
I used the (HDD) Heavy Duty Diesel engine oil in the my 2300. It's a 5W30 diesel oil and has worked very well along with the ATH in the hydro unit. Very satisfied.

DEWFPO

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids
Hey DarrylH2O, thanks for the moly tip, I just forgot to add that info, but now have added it to the original post above. The grease I decided on goes to -40F, it is readly available at my local auto parts store, and is fairly cheap. Do you know what temps your grease will go to (could not find on the website you listed) :confused: ?

Hey DEWFPO, thanks for the feedback on the Amsoil diesel oil, I was thinking of that same oil, but my SAE # is different. I also was trying to use an obsolete API category that is the only one listed in my manual. So I decided on an oil that fit both the SAE # and the API category listed in my MF manual :confused: :) .

thanks, KC

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #5  
A Fram PH4386 oil filter is what I've been using for the past 5 or so years...they're only around $4 at Wally World.

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #6  
Hey DEWFPO, thanks for the feedback on the Amsoil diesel oil, I was thinking of that same oil, but my SAE # is different. I also was trying to use an obsolete API category that is the only one listed in my manual. So I decided on an oil that fit both the SAE # and the API category listed in my MF manual :confused: :) .

thanks, KC

I thought the 2410 had the same engine as the 2300/2310? The Amsoil tech rep told me to use the HDD.

DEWFPO

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #7  
Hey DarrylH2O, thanks for the moly tip, I just forgot to add that info, but now have added it to the original post above. The grease I decided on goes to -40F, it is readly available at my local auto parts store, and is fairly cheap. Do you know what temps your grease will go to (could not find on the website you listed) :confused: ?

thanks, KC

I could not find also. All I know is its the best stuff I have tried. Very tacky and you don't want to get any on you.. makes a big mess. I get it at a local parts store too and a good price 37.00 a case;)

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids
I thought the 2410 had the same engine as the 2300/2310? The Amsoil tech rep told me to use the HDD.

DEWFPO

I think you are correct about the engine and the Amsoil tech rep has a lot more knowledge about types of oils to use then I do :). I was just trying to stay with what is in my manual and I have no knowledge to be using anything different. Maybe when I finally order my fluids, the Amsoil rep can lead me to the best product and still be ok with my warranty :confused:. KC

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #9  
Everything is good, except the antifreeze.

You want a heavy duty diesel coolant, with the dca in it.

This additive protects your engine cylinders against cavitation, which can result in holes in your cylinders.

Tractor supply sells a good fleet diesel antifreeze, with the dca, for a fair price.

Either Amsoil diesel engine oil is fine, just make sure it is a diesel oil.

/ GC2410 50 hr. service and synthetic fluids #10  
Everything is good, except the antifreeze.

You want a heavy duty diesel coolant, with the dca in it.

This additive protects your engine cylinders against cavitation, which can result in holes in your cylinders.

Tractor supply sells a good fleet diesel antifreeze, with the dca, for a fair price.

Either Amsoil diesel engine oil is fine, just make sure it is a diesel oil.
DCA is available to add to the standard 50/50 Ethylene Glycol/Water mix (use distilled water, no minerals). You can purchase test strips at most auto parts stores that will allow you to check and add if needed. You'll only need to check it a couple of times a year under normal use. It's a lot cheaper than straight Fleetguard or Diesel spec. coolants that have it premixed in the product and still allows the use of the regular antifreeze. 50/50 Ethylene Glycol and water is what the manufacturer ships the tractor with and recommends in the maintenance schedule. I think the DCA added to the standard mix would be safe insurance, however, as any wet cylinder diesel is prone to cavitation.