Gears Grinding/Clutch adjustment

/ Gears Grinding/Clutch adjustment #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
The gears on my tractor have started to grind upon shifting, not often <5% of shifts, but often enough to be concerned. Is this a clutch adjustment thing?
I have 250 hours on my 2018 3015R. It seems like there would come a time in a tractors life where the clutch needs to be adjusted, seems like 250 hours of usage would be a good time.

Also, could anyone give me some advice on doing this, never done it on a tractor. Thanks in advance!

/ Gears Grinding/Clutch adjustment #2  
It's very easy to do on the 15/F series. You just crawl under the tractor, on the left side, follow the linkage from the clutch pedal and you'll see a turnbuckle. Loosen the jam nut, adjust the turnbuckle till you get about 1" of free play on the pedal and get the jam nut tighten again.

I have the tractor about 45 miles away so I can't confirm 100% the wrench size but if I remember correctly you'll need two 14 mm wrenches. EDIT: Make it two 17 mm. 😅

I have near 400 hours on mine and haven't adjusted the free play but it still feels nice and still has about 1" off free play. I do use the clutch a lot, not slipping but to constantly change gears.

Here is picture from the service manual. #2 is the jam nut and #3 is the turnbuckle.

15 series clutch adjust.jpg

Last edited: