General thoughts on the 2515h?

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #1  

tacticalturnip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST
Hey folks,

I found myself swinging by my dealer today, and being pleasantly surprised to see a 2515h TLB in stock. This was the first time I can recall having taken a real good look at one, and on the outset I can say I'm quite impressed. I've been giving serious consideration to the 3620H and it's equivalent McCormick, but they haven't had any in stock in a hot minute; having in the past few months subsisted on the sales of big McCormick's. Now they've got a few various Branson's on the lot, including that 2515, but nothing larger until you get to the McCormick X1.55- and that's just a bit of an overkill. I've read a lot of good things about the 20 series, and frankly Branson in general, but the 15 series wasn't actually something I had considered. I've read a bit of what's been written here about the 2515, and it seems a slow mule with excellent hydraulics. The speed at which I do things isn't particularly fast, so I don't see that as being too much of a hindrance; if it is I could always go up in horsepower. So, that said, how does the 15 compare to the 20 series? Are there any particular weak spots to the 15 series? Any peculiarities to them?

I'd be looking at the 2515h TLB with dual remotes and a 3rd function, quoted roughly $33k including taxes- does that seem reasonable?

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #2  
Just curious if your thought is to keep the JD 1025 and have this second tractor for other things not easily done with the smaller Deere?

Or are you replacing the Deere with this new tractor (whichever model you decide)?

/ General thoughts on the 2515h?
I'll be getting rid of the 1025R; I'd love to have two tractors, but I'm not destined to live that life. 😂

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #4  
I purchased a 2515R last May and have been pleased with its performance thus far. I have rear remotes, but no third function yet. I paid 18K for it when I bought it and was told it might be six months before I get delivery, but dealer called two days later and I had a new tractor (someone cancelled - their loss).

I'd say that for the weight the 2515R is a bit underpowered. I like not having the DPF on it, I like the weight, and I also am not in a hurry when I am on it. It is not a working machine as in not used for any professional work - just my 15 acres. I got the 'R' version as our entire property is on hilly ground and I felt that the manual gear drive was a better choice (had prior experience with a JD lawn tractor that was hydro - never again).

I have forty hours on it now and have moved earth, sand, and gravel along with plowing snow, pulling wild roses, and general road maintenance (our easement off the county road is 3/4 mile of sand/gravel mix). We had one six inch snowfall this past winter and I could not be more pleased with how the tractor worked on its first plowing adventure - was a joy and worked better than I had expected.

Can't compare to other tractors as my old one is a 1939 Ford 9N - so, night and day difference and a more comfortable seat :) In short, I hope the rumors about the Branson brand turn out for the good as I really like this tractor and want absolutely no regrets as I have none so far.

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #5  
I know the thread is older, but have you found the low PTO HP to be a problem at all? I've seen reports of having to use very low ground speed (low gear, or 1st range with hydro) when running even fairly low HP 3pt bushhogs/finish mowers. Any regrets going on 18 months of owning?

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #6  
I just finished my 2nd year of owning my 2515H. I have approximately 160 HRS on my machine. I ditched my 60 inch finish mower for a zero turn so I don't use my PTO unless I'm using my 4 FT bush hog. The PTO power sucks unless you mow in low and go slow. I have found the loader hydraulics are built cheap for all four units. I bent my curl hydraulics doing light grapple work, or what I would consider light. The lift hydraulics are leaking and will be rebuilt this winter. Many folks have complained about the loader hydraulics on this tractor. I have owned 3 tractors and have never had to baby the loader like I do on this tractor. Hydraulics can be upgraded fairly easily and cost effectively. The tractor itself has good power to pull a box blade and or grader blade as well as a decent lift capacity. Ergonomics are horrible however the new updated version fixed the key and cruise button placement. The 3 point lever is still too short and I find myself sometimes hitting the rear remote levers causing the tractor to stall if left engaged too long. Honestly, for the money it was a good buy at the time (18k), with anything it has its flaws, but over all I'm content with the machine. If I was in the market today I would probably look to a different brand knowing what I know now after owning one, however I am happy to have anything that helps get work done. The dealer network has grown since TYM took over and the previous Branson dealers are great to work with. My advice....don't just look at price. Sit on it, drive it, and try different situations on the tractor using the controls to get a feel for how the layout is. Get more HP if you think you will need it. Good luck on your search.

/ General thoughts on the 2515h?
You're the first person I've heard complain about the hydraulics; that typically seems to be what people like most about the legacy Branson machines. Well, that and relative simplicity.

How has the experience with your dealer? Did they work with you?

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #8  
If I had bent hydraulics and leaks at 160 hours, I wouldn't be too happy. Who is paying for the repairs?

I'd also find it frustrating to be mowing with a 4 foot cutter.

Your description of your experience sounds different than the everything is great and wonderful videos posted on youtube.

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #9  
The 2515 has the same loader (150?) as many other, larger Branson tractors, correct? It's supposedly rated at a little over 2,000lbs, which is rather stout given the size of the tractor.

I, too, am looking at a Branson 2515h with the loader and it seems to be a decent machine. Not sure what to think about the claim that the hydraulics are skimpy. It might also be used with a 5' or 6' bush hog and/or a 6' finish mower on the PTO.

/ General thoughts on the 2515h? #10  
The 2515 has the same loader (150?) as many other, larger Branson tractors, correct? It's supposedly rated at a little over 2,000lbs, which is rather stout given the size of the tractor.

I, too, am looking at a Branson 2515h with the loader and it seems to be a decent machine. Not sure what to think about the claim that the hydraulics are skimpy. It might also be used with a 5' or 6' bush hog and/or a 6' finish mower on the PTO.
I dont think 21hp is going to run a 6 ft bushhog; but I might be wrong. 5 ft bush hog and 6 ft finish mower probably.