Generator wont stay running

/ Generator wont stay running #1  

powersrp

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 kubota B3350
I have a duromax xp1200eh. dual fuel, generator, gas has never touched the tank, 3 yrs old has run maybe 20 minutes total, thought i would service it today, I hooked to a full 20 lb tank with an inline regulator, the gen ran eratically, replaced with a hose with no regulator ( as delivered new) and it would run good for 10 sec then die, repeat, repeat same results, it has a built in reg/purge canister. I dunno, maybe spider nest in reg/purge canister? I will try a lil gasoline tomorrow just to eliminate electrical problems, ive read it could be the low oil sending unit, i will also check that if continues while running on gas,

Any Ideas?

/ Generator wont stay running #2  
try another forum, maybe repair forum?

/ Generator wont stay running #3  
Sounds dumb but did you check your fuel valve and make sure it's all the way turned to propane?

/ Generator wont stay running
There is no fuel switch, I did get it running good today, i just kept trying diff propane hoses i had laying around, finally a 5’ with adjustable regulator did the trick, i emailed the company to see if they can reccomend a 10’ hose, generator seems to be sensitive to pressure. I dunno. lol

/ Generator wont stay running #5  
i have heard the hoses can deteriorate. anyone know for sure? the buddy heaters are supposed to have a filter added if you use a hose.

/ Generator wont stay running
The first hose i used was off a 40,000 btu blaster, too much fuel,