Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
Seems like more and more I can see the value in a purchase by telling myself (and my wife) that

"If it saves a trip to the ER, it's worth it" ;-)

Gone are the days when all I was saving was the membership to the gym.

This getting old has it's angles.

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #2  
Very true... and we 'older' people usually aren't spontaneous when it comes to buying. We'll get the best that suits the circumstances. (Caveat: unless I'm at the annual Tractor Show/Field Day... then all bets are off! :laughing:) I'll typically wait a few days and ponder the need for the purchase.

It's one of my 'mature adages' "You may call it procrastinating... I call it thinking.

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #3  
Seems like more and more I can see the value in a purchase by telling myself (and my wife) that

"If it saves a trip to the ER, it's worth it" ;-)

Gone are the days when all I was saving was the membership to the gym.

This getting old has it's angles.

Dont let the wife catch you posting this stuff on this forum...

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #4  
I rent more now then I used to, especially a lift instead of working from a tall ladder. Seems that the older I get, the more afraid of heights I have become. Home Depot has a 34 ft tow-able lift that's $200 for half a day that I rent several times a year. If it's for a client, I include it in my bid that I'll be renting it to work on their house. If it's a question between working from my 24 foot ladder, or paying to rent the lift, I'm going to pay for the rental.

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #5  
I rent more now then I used to, especially a lift instead of working from a tall ladder. Seems that the older I get, the more afraid of heights I have become. Home Depot has a 34 ft tow-able lift that's $200 for half a day that I rent several times a year. If it's for a client, I include it in my bid that I'll be renting it to work on their house. If it's a question between working from my 24 foot ladder, or paying to rent the lift, I'm going to pay for the rental.
I'm renting more often as well. I find it hard to justify the expense of a Land Grader I am going to use once, maybe twice, a year when I can rent one for $50. I wish I could rent a lift. Around here they want proof of; a contractor's license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance before they will rent one out.

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #6  
I'm renting more often as well. I find it hard to justify the expense of a Land Grader I am going to use once, maybe twice, a year when I can rent one for $50. I wish I could rent a lift. Around here they want proof of; a contractor's license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance before they will rent one out.

A "land grader"???
What type of "land grader"?
What do you pull it with?
Your profile does not show any tractor.

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #7  
A "land grader"???
What type of "land grader"?
What do you pull it with?
Your profile does not show any tractor.

I stand corrected, Land Leveler.
Dual Edge Land Leveler Land Plane Utility Grader V2.0

If you look at my signature you will see a Kioti DK40 HST listed, that is what I will pull it with.

/ Getting on just gives a better justification for additional new equipment #8  

Plus 1 eddie,fully agree.Work smarter not harder..