Getting snapped off bolt out of hole

/ Getting snapped off bolt out of hole #21  
The above solution works very well for me, although instead of a flat with a hole, I weld the largest nut whose hole is smaller than the broken part. This allows a choice of wrenches, plus the heat of welding usually does a pretty good job of loosening the broken part.

Sherweld

I really like this method. I'll have to use that next time I have a broken bolt.

Something else to think about. If you do soak the bolt with penetrating oil, then put torches on it, the oil will burn. please have someone else around ready to put out the fire who doesn't have to take time to put the torche down. (Been there, done that)

/ Getting snapped off bolt out of hole #22  
Regardless the size drill required for easy out, drill pilot hole first after center punched perfect center.

This will prevent final drill from walking away off center.

If corrosion is present, soak area with WD40, and rap rag soaked with it as well and let area soak for a couple days before if it resists to move.

Spline type extractors are probably the best.
Tapered square next.
Spiral tapered are indeed the worst, as they dig in, they can also expand the fastener in the the hole.
They are more prone to break off, and those guys bring it to me to fix it from there.

If the bolt is a clean level break then that's an advantage to keep action centered.
If on the other hand it broke off at a steep angle, then a pregrind step should be done with Dremel to create a level start for pilot drill if center cannot be maintained.

/ Getting snapped off bolt out of hole #23  
I lean towards using the cold chisel or awl first and trying to tap the bolt counterclockwise. Did this a couple years ago on my old F-150. The grade 8 bolt that holds the harmonic balancer on the crankshaft had broken off flush with the front of the crank. It came right out and this is the easiest thing to try first. The go with some of the other methods. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress.