Ghost Pepper Animal repellent

/ Ghost Pepper Animal repellent #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Hi All,

I have used plantskydd for years and it does a pretty good job to keep the deer away from the veggies. Unfortunately it tends to attract predatory and scavenger animals. sometimes they dig up the stuff I plant.

I thought I would try and make some Ghost pepper tea and spray that on my plants. I'm thinking it should keep everything away. I had some ground up ghost pepper that I put in a strainer and ran hot water through it.
I then put it in a hand sprayer and applied it. It's pretty potent stuff. I'm thinking that the oil in the pepper will keep it from washing away to soon.

On a side note, the only thing I have found to get ghost pepper oil off my hands is Gojo or something similar. Dawn dishwashing liquid just don't work.

Dave

/ Ghost Pepper Animal repellent #4  
Try doing your prep with rubber gloves. I learned that the hard way; cleaning Jalapenos. A quick trip to the bathroom and I learned my lesson...you might say it was burned into my loins. I am also very pragmatic; it Gojo works, use it!

/ Ghost Pepper Animal repellent #5  
I had the same "enlightening" experience while cutting Chili & Jalapeno peppers. My nose itched - I rubbed - I suffered.

When I was young and in my prime - we would go to a local burger outlet in Anchorage - Arctic Roadrunner. The idea being - how many Jalapeno peppers can you eat with your burger. MANY an afternoon I spent in digestive agony. BUT none of us ever complained about this misery.

/ Ghost Pepper Animal repellent #6  
I had the same "enlightening" experience while cutting Chili & Jalapeno peppers. My nose itched - I rubbed - I suffered.

When I was young and in my prime - we would go to a local burger outlet in Anchorage - Arctic Roadrunner. The idea being - how many Jalapeno peppers can you eat with your burger. MANY an afternoon I spent in digestive agony. BUT none of us ever complained about this misery.
Ha ha, the heat that warms you twice.

/ Ghost Pepper Animal repellent #7  
We always followed up with a bowl of ice cream. You could hear us later in the bathroom muttering "Come on ice cream!".

/ Ghost Pepper Animal repellent #8  
Hi All,

I have used plantskydd for years and it does a pretty good job to keep the deer away from the veggies. Unfortunately it tends to attract predatory and scavenger animals. sometimes they dig up the stuff I plant.

I thought I would try and make some Ghost pepper tea and spray that on my plants. I'm thinking it should keep everything away. I had some ground up ghost pepper that I put in a strainer and ran hot water through it.
I then put it in a hand sprayer and applied it. It's pretty potent stuff. I'm thinking that the oil in the pepper will keep it from washing away to soon.

On a side note, the only thing I have found to get ghost pepper oil off my hands is Gojo or something similar. Dawn dishwashing liquid just don't work.

Dave
It's been a few days now, how is it working?