gift ideas for my grandson

/ gift ideas for my grandson #1  

randy41

Veteran Member
i know i'm not the only one facing this. i want to get a christmas present for my grandson. he needs nothing. zero.nadda. he is 16 months old. ideas? my daughter wants me to get him books because she is sick of reading the same ones over and over. i remind her of how many times i had to read Robert the Rose Horse to her.

/ gift ideas for my grandson #2  
The best gift you can give your grandkids is the love of reading. If that takes a box or a truck load of books, then it's money well spent. If you love to read, you will never go hungry.

/ gift ideas for my grandson #3  
The best gift you can give your grandkids is the love of reading. If that takes a box or a truck load of books, then it's money well spent. If you love to read, you will never go hungry.

And it lasts forever

/ gift ideas for my grandson #5  
Lamplighter has a great program bringing a lot of older books back, bookclub/subscription is great. Might not be quite ready for these yet but maybe.
Home | Lamplighter

/ gift ideas for my grandson #6  
Toy tractors, bulldozers, trucks and other mechanical things! Even if they have no idea which is which, boys know what to do with them. It's hardwired into them.

/ gift ideas for my grandson #7  
A drum set!!!!! Or if you like the parents, how about a professional photo shoot?

Eddie

/ gift ideas for my grandson #9  
buy him a T-bill or some other investment...put some (negotiable) restrictions on when it matures...it will give you some "leverage" as he gets older and looks forward to the windfall...

/ gift ideas for my grandson #10  
I opened a college fund for my grandson and put a small amount into it each month... But the biggest gift I think I give him is time... Nothing better than 1 on 1 time spent with a 2 1/2 year old grandson...priceless