ginseng outlaws

/ ginseng outlaws #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I had the pleasure of watching some kind of Outlaw show last night about harvesting ginseng. I was amazed how realistic it seemed :mad:. Did anyone else happen to catch it?

It seems that they have a standard story-villains, competitors, secret locations, tricksters being out tricked etc that every other show of that genre has. Do they have 1 script and "fill in your subject here". The names have been changed to make it a new show.

/ ginseng outlaws #2  
It seems that they have a standard story-villains, competitors, secret locations, tricksters being out tricked etc that every other show of that genre has. Do they have 1 script and "fill in your subject here". The names have been changed to make it a new show.
Probably.
Maybe we could start one about pallets in the fields.

/ ginseng outlaws #3  
Appalachian Outlaw (or something close to that) - Yep, caught it last night. Thought the same thing, rather disappointing really. I do love the fact they film their burglaries, and other stupid crimes, bet it sure would help the local LEO's.......

/ ginseng outlaws #4  
I've seen that show two or three times. I thought it was kind of a comedy type show. Also didn't realize ginseng was so valuable.

/ ginseng outlaws #5  
I can remember back in early 80s it was 70 a pound but that wasnt the wild shang.which i think is more valuable.
I've seen that show two or three times. I thought it was kind of a comedy type show. Also didn't realize ginseng was so valuable.

/ ginseng outlaws
I figure these shows are a bunch of people that know each other. They sit around and say "Hey Jim you be the guy that buys the stuff." "Bill you be a guy that collects it." "Ted you be the evil guy" "Johnny you be a guy that has the stuff on your property." etc
This week let's set up the good guy to do well. Next week the bad guy can do evil things and take the lead. What can we do to create some excitement. Let's add a little soap opera stuff to it too.
I guess it has entertainment value but it seems like a standard plot applied over and over in different industries/hobbies.
As far as committing burglaries etc they are probably breaking in to their own properties.

/ ginseng outlaws #7  
Yeah I caught parts of it. Beautiful scenery shots, which is also a feature of that genre that I appreciate. The guy who supposedly had his truck burned while poachers ripped off his stash was pretty contrived.

/ ginseng outlaws #8  
$500 to $600 per lb for wild gensing will get your attention. I am sure the show is fake like all "reality" TV, but the price of gensing is real.